Sprite Rotating But Not Moving Foward

fedora

I am attempting to create movement of a player (Ship)  where holding down the left and right key will rotate the player (ship) -- and holding down the up key moves the player (ship) in the direction of said angle -- similar to http://gamemechanicexplorer.com/#thrust-2 .  

Unfortunately, I can get the player (ship) to rotate right and left with no problem, but when I use the up arrow nothing happens.  I can only guess I am missing something obvious -- but hope that someone can spot it -- because I am missing it ---

create: function() {    this.ROTATION_SPEED = 180;     this.ACCELERATION = 200;    this.MAX_SPEED = 250;     this.DRAG = 50;     this.player = this.game.add.sprite(this.game.width/2, this.game.height/2, 'player');    this.player.anchor.setTo(0.5, 0.5);    this.player.angle = 360;     this.game.physics.enable(this.player, Phaser.Physics.ARCADE);    this.player.body.maxVelocity.setTo(this.MAX_SPEED, this.MAX_SPEED);     this.player.body.drag.setTo(this.DRAG, this.DRAG);     this.game.camera.follow(this.player);    this.cursors = this.game.input.keyboard.createCursorKeys();  },   update: function() {    if (this.player.x > this.game.width) this.player.x = 0;    if (this.player.x < 0) this.player.x = this.game.width;    if (this.player.y > this.game.height) player.y = 0;    if (this.player.y < 0) this.player.y = this.game.height;        if (this.cursors.left.isDown)    {        this.player.body.angularVelocity = -this.ROTATION_SPEED;    }    else if (this.cursors.right.isDown)    {        this.player.body.angularVelocity = this.ROTATION_SPEED;    }    else {        this.player.body.angularVelocity = 0;    }    if (this.cursors.up.isDown)    {        this.player.body.acceleration.x = Math.cos(this.player.rotation) * this.ACCELERATION;        this.player.body.acceleration.y = Math.sin(this.player.rotation) * this.ACCELERATION;    }    else (this.cursors.down.isDown)    {        this.player.body.acceleration.setTo(0, 0);    }      },

Thank you in advance for the assistance.

This looks like a typo, which would cause an error

else (this.cursors.down.isDown) {     this.player.body.acceleration.setTo(0, 0); }

If you change the else to an else if, things should work.

Here's a fiddle: http://jsfiddle.net/chongdashu/mq8bg9sf/2/

Also, on a related note, this needs to be fixed too:

if (this.player.y > this.game.height) player.y = 0; // needs to be this.player.y

Otherwise, an error will occur when the player hits the bottom of the screen.