Water material black smudges

Stalker

Hi!

I added water material (latest from Github repo) to my BJS (2.3 alpha) scene, showed it to my friend and got back print screen below. It also flickers from time to time.

Graphics card is Nvidia Geforce 550 Ti, with latest drivers (updated today)

Issue can be reproduced on BJS Playground in the materials section for water: http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#1SLLOJ#17

post-17157-0-15684900-1447943786_thumb.p

I also get this effect (on every machine), looks like some kind of anti-specular light. :D
Very annoying, other than this the water material is cool!
Only if I could make a water without affected by (hemispheric and ambient) light, only mirroring + specular highlights.

Water in yellowish sunset souldn't look like a lake of piss... or in semi-dark, the water is not black, but fully reflective.

I also noticed the lake of piss :-)

I also get this effect (on every machine), looks like some kind of anti-specular light. :D
Very annoying, other than this the water material is cool!
Only if I could make a water without affected by (hemispheric and ambient) light, only mirroring + specular highlights.

Water in yellowish sunset souldn't look like a lake of piss... or in semi-dark, the water is not black, but fully reflective.

I am not sure what you are looking for - you can set the water material to reflect only, without specular of the light sources (http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#1SLLOJ#21) , you can control all other aspects of this material. What are missing?

I find your demo scenes amazing, by the way :-)

- underwater, only affected by water color (and scattered sub-surface light in it). 
- over water, only reflection, and "glare" (lets not call it specular lighting, its just reflection of the lighting body, sun or moon), not affected by any lighting. (lets assume there is no fog on the water)

So a green water, in orange sunlight and bluish sky-light, would look like a perfect mirror with only orange glare on it. And if you look under water, it would be a bit greenish (by depth), the lake bed would be lighted by the sun, and the sky and the water scattering (green), but not the surface.

Maybe I should play with the material shader, its harder to tell in english than doing it :)

(And thanks, its still just an experiment)