Looping without using tempo

remvst

Hey guys,

I'm using a music for my new game which is supposed to loop, but there's a short delay between two loops, which is really annoying. Do you know any solution do fix this?

I'd rather not edit the music to make it fade in and out...

I'm using buzz for the sounds, so I guess it's the same as using a native <audio> element.

Thanks in advance :)

I had the same problem when using buzzjs.  The solution I used was to make the audio that needed looped smaller in file size, either by shortening the audio or by reducing its quality, etc (since the gap is most likely from the split second it takes to load the file again).  If you can't do either of those, I would attempt to make use of buzzjs's events, and have the audio preload when the first gets near finishing, and then play the new sound when it finishes (instead of using the built in loop function).

If you can't do either of those, I would attempt to make use of buzzjs's events, and have the audio preload when the first gets near finishing, and then play the new sound when it finishes (instead of using the built in loop function).

Well that sounds a bit sketchy.

I guess I'll just edit the music to make it fade in and out :(

Here is the music I'm using: http://www.dreade.org/nosoap/radio/tracks/DST-AngryMod.mp3

As it's a browser bug, you shouldn't be able to fix it, but maybe you can add a method which would call a function before the sound ends, like mySound.beforeEnd(time,callback) :)

I know I could do it using a tick function, or something like that, but I just don't want to :P

• 2 months later...

It's pretty complicated to achieve perfect loops when working with compressed audio. mp3 and aac files introduces a few frames of silence in the beginning which renders a popping/cracking sound when the sound starts over. The easiest way is to create an audio file with a short fade-out in the end (the fade should start exactly where the sound is supposed to loop) and start the same sound exactly when the loop point is reached. This can be done with the web audio api.