multiple particles emitters

kiwi

hi,

in my game I'm dropping bombs from an airplane, and when a bomb hit the ground I create an emitter particle at given position. When the bomb hit the ground I load another bomb on the plane and create another emitter.

My questions are:

1. are emitter auto destroy once completed the animation?

2. is there a way to optimise this using only one emitter but having the full animation in place?

thanks

Nope, emitters don't auto destroy. You'd probably be better off re-using the first emitter or setting up a system where you have a pool of emitters. Sticking the emitters in a group and using "getFirstDead" might be a good start.

thanks, but once I get the reference I just have to trigger the start method? I saw the update() method on the documentation but it's not very clear what it does?

can I use it like this?

this.bombEmitter = []; this.bombEmitter.length === 0 && this.bombEmitter.push(this.game.add.emitter(0, 0, 30));var bombEmitter = this.bombEmitter[0] 

thanks

thanks, but once I get the reference I just have to trigger the start method? I saw the update() method on the documentation but it's not very clear what it does?

can I use it like this?

this.bombEmitter = []; this.bombEmitter.length === 0 && this.bombEmitter.push(this.game.add.emitter(0, 0, 30));var bombEmitter = this.bombEmitter[0] 

thanks

I'll quote myself.

I was using the code above and after that updating some properties such as alpha values and position but it was causing me some blocking errors.

To fix this I simply call the kill method before start (please let me know if it's not the correct way or there is a better way to do it so)

the final code:

this.bombEmitter.length === 0 && this.bombEmitter.push(this.game.add.emitter(0, 0, 30));var bombEmitter = this.bombEmitter[0]bombEmitter.kill();bombEmitter.gravity = 0;bombEmitter.setXSpeed(-200, 200);bombEmitter.setYSpeed(-200, 200); // make smoke drift upwardsbombEmitter.setAlpha(1, 0, 1000, Phaser.Easing.Linear.InOut);bombEmitter.makeParticles('star');//add to the ground group so it will following during scrollground.addChild( bombEmitter)bombEmitter.start(true, 1000, 50, 15);