game.time.desiredFps = 30;

proyb2

On Macbook Pro, despite setting desiredFps to 30, the frame rate is slower, I still see the CPU power consumption running at >11W on Canvas mode with hardware acceleration is enabled thru chrome://flags on Google chrome. Is it an ideal way to pause the stage/game if there is no animation and how to go about it?

game.time.desiredFps = 30;

desiredFps can only be set to lower values than what you computer can manage! If your game is really slow and unoptimized, and runs at 10FPS, setting desiredFps to 30 or 60 won't work. It's not a magical property to fix your code!

You should spend some time debugging, because you most likely have a hugely unoptimized game (with probably some memory leaks or poor memory/rendering management.

Nope, this is the long-standing issue I have reported for a dozen times for a year and waiting to fix it, I've added those code in Phaser examples into create() and preload() scope. You will agree there is something wrong.

This is ok that could bring down CPU power consumption on Mac OS X

http://phaser.io/examples/v2/particlestorm/facing-velocity#gv

and problem still persist even with setting the game.time.desiredFps=10:

http://phaser.io/examples/v2/camera/camera-view#gv

You can monitor using Intel Power Gadget for Mac OS X or if on Windows, set the power management to high performance (which is what Mac OS X does)

Perhaps, you could advice some solutions to the creator.

desiredFps can only be set to lower values than what you computer can manage! If your game is really slow and unoptimized, and runs at 10FPS, setting desiredFps to 30 or 60 won't work. It's not a magical property to fix your code!

You should spend some time debugging, because you most likely have a hugely unoptimized game (with probably some memory leaks or poor memory/rendering management.