Confusion around "Container" and "DisplayObjectContainer"

gendarme

I am using a JavaScript library called PIXI and am looking for a way to "zoom" in my game. A search on the internet suggested that I put everything inside a DisplayObjectContainer and then resize it to simulate a zoom-effect.

The thing is that I already have Container (aka stage), and I think that is resizable too. So I don't understand the reason behind using a DisplayObjectContainer when you have a Container already. And frankly, I don't even see the difference between them.

This page says the following about DisplayObjectContainer:

A DisplayObjectContainer represents a collection of display objects. It is the base class of all display objects that act as a container for other objects.

This other page says the following about Container:

A Container represents a collection of display objects. It is the base class of all display objects that act as a container for other objects.

The only possible scenario I can imagine is that one of these container-objects are outdated and belong to an older version of PIXI, which isn't too unrealistic since PIXI is rather new and could change a lot. But this is just a guess.

TL;DR: What is the difference between DisplayObjectContainer and Container?