Saving local variables for level unlocking, etc

happy

Hey,

I've been playing a few of the games in the show case forum, and most of the games there have multiple levels that you need to unlock by achieving a certain score. They also mostly save the current level of the user so that the browser window can be closed, reopened and the unlocked level is still available.

Do you guys relay on your js framework or engine for this or do you use raw JavaScript for it? I'm using the limejs at the moment and they have nothing available for this sort of thing, I'm interested to how everyone tackles this.

Cheers,

h

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your addition, Lewis.

What do you guys do about cross device support? I'm assuming that Local Storage will only work when a browser is being used, so for native android applications etc, it falls over. Also looking at amplifyjs, I think a similar situation exists there to.

I've not ported anything to a mobile device yet, infact all I have this far is names of packages such as phonegap for me to explore when I'm ready to start porting. I'm trying to bare in mind that at some point I will port to mobile devices so I'm trying to be careful with incompatible elements I put into my game, such as HTML5 audio, Local Storage and so forth.

Cheers,