Update "Getting Started" guide

Atrodilla

I'm following the Phaser guide over at http://phaser.io/getting-started-js.php

Unfortunately, I'm a bit stuck on Step 3. The docs folder doesn't contain a "Hello World" folder.

I tried copying the examples folder into my hellophaser folder within my WAMP Server's www directory, thinking that it might be the new place where all the examples live. Sadly, nothing seems to show up when I access localhost/hellophaser/index.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really want to try this framework out, it looks like it could be perfect for my needs!

Yeah this really needs updating, so much to do, so little time.

To get you past that bit - ignore the "hello world" part and just copy the whole phaser folder into your www directory. Then go to phaser/examples and you should see the new examples index page appear.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed I couldn't find it either. I looked into the phaser-master/examples/_site folder, noticed its view_full.html file was linking to all of the .js files from the phaser-master/src folder, so i:

1. grabbed the phaser-master/src folder and placed it into the MAMP htdocs that I had already setup.
  2. copied the phaser-logo-small.png image (renamed it to just logo.png) and placed that into an assets folder within my htdocs
  3. created an index.html file that looks like this: 
<!doctype html><html>    <head>        <meta charset="UTF-8" />        <title>phaser</title>                <!--            If you're wondering why we embed each script separately, and not just the single-file phaser lib            it's because it makes debugging *significantly* easier for us. Feel free to replace all the below            with just a call to ../dist/phaser.js instead if you prefer.        -->        <script src="src/Intro.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/Pixi.js"></script>        <script src="src/Phaser.js"></script>        <script src="src/utils/Utils.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/core/Matrix.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/core/Point.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/core/Rectangle.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/display/DisplayObject.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/display/DisplayObjectContainer.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/display/Sprite.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/display/Stage.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/extras/CustomRenderable.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/extras/Strip.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/extras/Rope.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/extras/TilingSprite.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/filters/FilterBlock.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/filters/MaskFilter.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/primitives/Graphics.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/renderers/canvas/CanvasGraphics.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/renderers/canvas/CanvasRenderer.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/renderers/webgl/WebGLBatch.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/renderers/webgl/WebGLGraphics.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/renderers/webgl/WebGLRenderer.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/renderers/webgl/WebGLRenderGroup.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/renderers/webgl/WebGLShaders.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/text/BitmapText.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/text/Text.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/textures/BaseTexture.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/textures/Texture.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/textures/RenderTexture.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/utils/EventTarget.js"></script>        <script src="src/pixi/utils/Polyk.js"></script>        <script src="src/core/Camera.js"></script>        <script src="src/core/State.js"></script>        <script src="src/core/StateManager.js"></script>        <script src="src/core/LinkedList.js"></script>        <script src="src/core/Signal.js"></script>        <script src="src/core/SignalBinding.js"></script>        <script src="src/core/Plugin.js"></script>        <script src="src/core/PluginManager.js"></script>        <script src="src/core/Stage.js"></script>        <script src="src/core/Group.js"></script>        <script src="src/core/World.js"></script>        <script src="src/core/Game.js"></script>        <script src="src/input/Input.js"></script>        <script src="src/input/Key.js"></script>        <script src="src/input/Keyboard.js"></script>        <script src="src/input/Mouse.js"></script>        <script src="src/input/MSPointer.js"></script>        <script src="src/input/Pointer.js"></script>        <script src="src/input/Touch.js"></script>        <script src="src/input/InputHandler.js"></script>        <script src="src/gameobjects/Events.js"></script>        <script src="src/gameobjects/GameObjectFactory.js"></script>        <script src="src/gameobjects/Sprite.js"></script>        <script src="src/gameobjects/TileSprite.js"></script>        <script src="src/gameobjects/Text.js"></script>        <script src="src/gameobjects/BitmapText.js"></script>        <script src="src/gameobjects/Button.js"></script>        <script src="src/gameobjects/Graphics.js"></script>        <script src="src/gameobjects/RenderTexture.js"></script>        <script src="src/system/Canvas.js"></script>        <script src="src/system/StageScaleMode.js"></script>        <script src="src/system/Device.js"></script>        <script src="src/system/RequestAnimationFrame.js"></script>        <script src="src/math/RandomDataGenerator.js"></script>        <script src="src/math/Math.js"></script>        <script src="src/math/QuadTree.js"></script>        <script src="src/geom/Circle.js"></script>        <script src="src/geom/Point.js"></script>        <script src="src/geom/Rectangle.js"></script>        <script src="src/net/Net.js"></script>        <script src="src/tween/TweenManager.js"></script>        <script src="src/tween/Tween.js"></script>        <script src="src/tween/Easing.js"></script>        <script src="src/time/Time.js"></script>        <script src="src/animation/AnimationManager.js"></script>        <script src="src/animation/Animation.js"></script>        <script src="src/animation/Frame.js"></script>        <script src="src/animation/FrameData.js"></script>        <script src="src/animation/AnimationParser.js"></script>        <script src="src/loader/Cache.js"></script>        <script src="src/loader/Loader.js"></script>        <script src="src/loader/LoaderParser.js"></script>        <script src="src/sound/Sound.js"></script>        <script src="src/sound/SoundManager.js"></script>        <script src="src/utils/Debug.js"></script>        <script src="src/utils/Color.js"></script>        <script src="src/physics/arcade/ArcadePhysics.js"></script>        <script src="src/physics/arcade/Body.js"></script>        <script src="src/particles/Particles.js"></script>        <script src="src/particles/arcade/ArcadeParticles.js"></script>        <script src="src/particles/arcade/Emitter.js"></script>        <script src="src/tilemap/Tile.js"></script>        <script src="src/tilemap/Tilemap.js"></script>        <script src="src/tilemap/TilemapLayer.js"></script>        <script src="src/tilemap/TilemapParser.js"></script>        <script src="src/tilemap/Tileset.js"></script>        <script src="src/PixiPatch.js"></script>                <script type="text/javascript">    var game = new Phaser.Game(800, 600, Phaser.AUTO, '', { preload: preload, create: create, update: update });    function preload() {        game.load.image('logo', 'assets/logo.png');            }        var logo;        function create() {        logo = game.add.sprite(0,0, 'logo');    }    function update () {    }</script>           </head>    </html>

Worked like a charm.