need OnPickOutTrigger...

MasterK

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#G1QID#7

(You might need to clear browser cache, first.  New mods in playground version of BJS, so don't use BJS from browser cache) 

Yep, there's #1...  sprite goes normal if a held-pick pointer is moved off-of the sprite.  And, it doesn't need any Scene-based events.  It's all kept on-board the spriteManager.  Good good good.  

For this scenario, the onPickOutTrigger in lines 38-42 would never trigger (it's overridden / superseded ), so I NOP'd it.
   (For the youngsters, NOP = no op = remarked-out). 
Lines 45-49 provide the pointer-out functionality, of course.  Easy.

Thanks Deltakosh!  It was VERY nice of you to make these special-case mods for us!  Now we have everything we need for sprite-based buttons.  Sorry for long-winding MasterK's initial post, but the whole issue sparked my interest.  And, there was quite a crop of mis-comms along the way, eh?  *nod*  I explain so well that I don't explain very well.  :)  I'm working on it.

I don't know when/where folks will use webGL animated sprite buttons... vs. animated HTML-element buttons... vs. conventional 3D mesh buttons.  I guess we'll wait and watch.  Personally, if I had my choice of GUI methods... it would be pure BJS mesh... with a little button float-bounce.  Wizball, anyone?  There's no room for a secret compartment with an old shoe in it... on the back-side of a sprite.  But a box?  You bet.  Fly around to the back panel of the solid mesh button, open the little door, and there's a VR city inside there!  You won't see a sprite store a city.  heh

MasterK's Quest... completed!   Phew!  I didn't code a thing, and I'm all pooped-out!  :)