rectangle fade

sergil

I made a fadein+fadeout effect between states (using a function that uses a black sprite that changes the alpha), but I was thinking if this approach can be done using a rectangle object fill of black color??? how could be done?

my actual code is:

fade: function (nextState)     {        var spr_bg = this.game.add.sprite(0, 0, "black-bg");        spr_bg.alpha = 0;        this.nextState = nextState;        s = this.game.add.tween(spr_bg)        s.to({ alpha: 1 }, 500, null)        s.onComplete.add(this.changeState, this)        s.start();    },    changeState: function ()     {        this.game.state.start(this.nextState);        this.fadeOut();    },    fadeOut: function ()     {        var spr_bg = this.game.add.sprite(0, 0, "black-bg");        spr_bg.alpha = 1;        s = this.game.add.tween(spr_bg)        s.to({ alpha: 0 }, 700, null)        s.start();    },

Rich, if you are tweaking the state management for the new version of phaser, could be interesting to include some basic transition effects between states?

ok I finally used:

fade: function (nextState)     {        var spr_bg = this.game.add.graphics(0, 0);        spr_bg.beginFill(this.fadeColor, 1);        spr_bg.drawRect(0, 0, this.game.width, this.game.height);        spr_bg.alpha = 0;        spr_bg.endFill();        this.nextState = nextState;        s = this.game.add.tween(spr_bg)        s.to({ alpha: 1 }, 500, null)        s.onComplete.add(this.changeState, this)        s.start();    },    changeState: function ()     {        this.game.state.start(this.nextState);        this.fadeOut();    },    fadeOut: function ()     {        var spr_bg = this.game.add.graphics(0, 0);        spr_bg.beginFill(this.fadeColor, 1);        spr_bg.drawRect(0, 0, this.game.width, this.game.height);        spr_bg.alpha = 1;        spr_bg.endFill();        s = this.game.add.tween(spr_bg)        s.to({ alpha: 0 }, 600, null)        s.start();    },

I have a variable this.fadeColor to pass the color of the fade

Thanks a lot!!!