Screen Blend Mode not looking right

colourclash

Has anyone also noticed that the Screen blend mode while using the WebGL renderer looks more like an additive blend?
I've attached a test image to demonstrate the problem.
What I've done to fix it in the meantime (which to be honest is a blind guess) is to change this line in WebGLRenderer.js
this.blendModes[CONST.BLEND_MODES.SCREEN] = [gl.SRC_ALPHA, gl.ONE];
to this
this.blendModes[CONST.BLEND_MODES.SCREEN] = [gl.ONE, gl.ONE_MINUS_SRC_COLOR];

result.jpg

And another moment of fame for me!

There're pull requests about it: https://github.com/pixijs/pixi.js/pull/2321 . It switched gl.SRC_ALPHA to gl.ONE if texture has premultiplied alpha. And second parameter is gl.ONE_MINUS_SRC_COLOR and I think it is correct.

Build is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46636530/pixijs/blendMode/pixi.js

Test it please, I need a feedback.

For my purposes the second output above is what I need. I did some tests with a non-premultiplied image and setting baseTexture.premultipliedAlpha to false which to my eyes didn't look the way I would expect - I normally just go with pre-multiplied images so perhaps someone who is using non-premultiplied textures can chime in here.
When switching to canvas renderer, with baseTexture.premultipliedAlpha set to true or false, they both look like the second image above.