vls Ray length?

Pryme8

I know I have access to settings like

exposure, decay, weight, density, and process Ratios when I access VolumetricLightScatteringPostProcess

I figured most of the time to extend or limit the rays you would use most likely decay?  I have messed with all of the settings several time but have run into the in ability to extend the effect to the range that I need.
I want to be able to simulate extreme amounts of lumens or smalls amounts.  I have come across this problem while trying to trouble shoot the way I am rendering different classes of stars. 

I have the basic settings for what I have decided is a good look for a "Solar Lumen" and now am trying to be able to manipulate it to match what stars at different classifications would look like.
there are instances where it will need to be multiplied by upwards of 100000 and down to 0.015 which I know is a high variance, but is how I am going to simulate correct Stars...

I don't want to make two spheres because I want to keep the "wash out" even for planets that are far from the star but still within the Effective Luminance range...

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#SI34M#0

f12 to see more information on the star...

you can change everything by just changing the seed here:

ln582: StarSystem = new Celest("seed");

You can use anything but Zero... well you could type Zero but not 0

Wow ! This is a great playground with a lot of lines ! ahah

According to the documentation I can find:

/**
        * Controls the overall intensity of the post-process
        * @type {number}
        */
        public exposure = 0.3;
        /**
        * Dissipates each sample's contribution in range [0, 1]
        * @type {number}
        */
        public decay = 0.96815;
        /**
        * Controls the overall intensity of each sample
        * @type {number}
        */
        public weight = 0.58767;
        /**
        * Controls the density of each sample
        * @type {number}
        */
        public density = 0.926;

The decay is definitely more likely in the range [0.9, 1.0]. 1.0 means that the rays will "never" decay, where 0.9 means that the light rays will decay quickly. You are right, I'll update the documentation :)

The decay can play the role of the light power (intensity) in your case.

Now, I'm not able to give you a magic equation because I don't know enough about solar systems :(
Because you love mathematics, you can read this article from nvidia and try to understand how you can adapt your equations with their : http://http.developer.nvidia.com/GPUGems3/gpugems3_ch13.html

The equation about the final luminance is in part 13.3.1 (controlling the summation)

What I ended up doing is setting all my settings to what their absolute max settings would be, then figured out the value I had to subtract from them to make them how appear at the smallest value I want.  Then multiply the percent of the actual value from my lumence range from the subtractive number to get the real value so.

x = a - (b*c)

I realized once I thought in terms of AU scale the Rays were definitely  big enough. 

Now I want to interpolate my percentage none linearly and incorporate a Eulers Curve