Action Manager and low FPS

amorgan

I am moving a projectile through space and have registered an OnIntersectionEnterTrigger action to the object and my target. The problem I am facing is that at lower fps, the intersect is sometimes missed due to the object not occupying the same space in a frame because of "skipping". Is there an easy way to interpolate if the object would have intersected via Babylon JS? Or is there a better way to do this?

Thank you.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I will keep this in mind if I end up doing an interpolation between the last known point and the current point (which should be relatively straight if the time step is small enough, even for a non-linear path).

I was hoping there was a Babylon JS feature that could solve this within the Action Manager :D I wanted to double check before I starting exploring other avenues.

Not a stupid question.

To be honest, I have not messed with the physics plugins yet. Maybe that is what I am missing. I have just been manipulating my meshes with my own "physics" function.

I see there is the Oimi.js and Cannon.js plug-in (or I could use my own). Where is the best place to start for learning how this works? Are the two blogs on the doc site where I should start?