camera position ?

Dad72

How do I retrieve the position of the camera on each axis separately. camera.getPosition.x does not seem to work

I would like that when i zoom on an object it remains in its position x and y. Because when i zoom on the object, it returns to its default position in x,y,z after observing/rotates ....

i used camera ArcRotateCamera for information. I use this function for zoom int, zoom out

function zoomIntOut(event)            {                    if(camera) {                        if(event.delta > 0) {                            iZ += 3;                            camera.setPosition(new BABYLON.Vector3(???, ???, iZ));                                                    }                        else if(event.delta < 0) {                            iZ -= 3;                            camera.setPosition(new BABYLON.Vector3(???, ???, iZ));                                                    }                    }                            }   

Thank you for help

I cannot have the result that I want. (This is for a viewer of models)

I would like that the camera remains with its position in x, y (ok here) and rotation in x, y, z on ArcRotateCamera, but the result of my tests are not conclusive. My character is spinning when i zoom.

Thank you again for help

sorry. I made a viewer of models for my editor.

When I turn the camera around the character and made a zoom, the camera does not remain on the position and given rotation.
I would like that if I turn the camera on its side to make a zoom on the hand for example, the camera zoom on hand. But here, the rotation is not taken into account, the camera does not remain face to the hand when i zoom. It could also be a zoom on the head as a view from above, but the camera does not stay on the top view.

See the function zoomIntOut(event) for the probleme

I use ArcRotateCamera for the camera.

I hope that you can better understand.

You seem to update the camera position to zoom in and out, and I think your problem comes from here.

Did you try to use the parameter "fov" of the camera like this  ?

function zoomIntOut(event)            {                    if(camera) {                        if(event.delta > 0) {                            // You want to zoom IN                            camera.fov -= 0.1;                                             }                        else if(event.delta < 0) {                            // You want to zoom OUT                            camera.fov += 0.1;                                                 }                    }                            }   

Thank you Temechon 

I had not the good method.  A documentation would have me help to find the solution.

camera.fov

is perfect And it fixed my problem. The result is exactly what I wanted. Thank you again.

Thank you also Deltakosh , and had not thought to try camera.radius, but Temechon my give a solution that works perfectly well.