TargetCamera setTarget while upside down

Eelis

Hi @Eelis and welcome.  http://playground.babylonjs.com/#IU2XB#1

It was caused by the x-value for your camera in line 6.  I set it to zero... it lined up again.

Why it's doing that?  I dunno.  Still to be answered... by smarter people than I.  :)

I think something is goofy with camera.upVector.... but, not sure.  Sorry for the slow reply.

Yes, I agree, but I'm not really an expert, so my agreement carries very little weight.  :)  If I were to guess... I would say that the camera.upVector is only doing a 90-degree rotate, and should be doing a 180.  But that's truly a guess. 

We could go hacking...  examining source code, see if we can find the trouble.  I will need more coffee, first.  :)  If you can wait just a little while longer, the "big dogs" will return from weekend partying, see this, and perhaps instantly know what is causing it. 

Good find, E!  Interesting.  There is definitely something odd, there.

Update:  Tried...  camera.upVector = BABYLON.Vector3.Up().negate();  no change.  Feeling around in the dark is fun, though.  Seven occurrences of upVector  in https://github.com/BabylonJS/Babylon.js/blob/master/src/Cameras/babylon.camera.js .  I smell the problem.  You?  It smells like my dog has been in here chewing on things.  :D