Obj the only model format?

chicagobob123

I am coming from three js which imported several model formats The models I currently have are made in js format. So I was looking for model import with texture examples similar to three js. I did see an obj with mtl , will I need my models converted? 

Well Bob mesh models can be converted into .babylon files in all kinds of ways:

1. Direct .obj import and fbx conversion.
2. Import models into Blender or 3DMax then export as .babylon. These models started life in an .stl format and were exported from Blender
3. And this playground example by @jerome seems to bring in meshes from a .js file :)

cheers, gryff :)

I also believe that .STL files are supported, however I'm not certain what properties are specifically supported in the BJS framework. However, I'm implimenting support in our latest app for design and 3D printer sharing prior to our beta releae. So any information specific to .STL properties would be greatly appriciated by the developers who contribute to this format.

Thanks,

DB

I also believe that .STL files are supported

@dbawel and @Deltakosh : Well each of the statues in that scene above started out at 35Mb + and 750,000+ tris. So three of them would be 2.0+ million tris - and a long download.

They were created using a 3D scanner on items owned by the Lincoln Museum in the UK under a grant funded project and then made available to the public for free and " and used without copyright restrictions ". My first step was to reduce the poly count and then adjust the origins of each statue. And you know me - if it can be done with Blender ...:lol:

cheers, gryff :)