GamePAD API Support for Mobile Chrome

@MasterSplinter -

I'm not entirely certain what your specific application is, however, I choose my gamepad controllers not based upon borwser support, but on OS support. Of the 3 controllers I've been developing with the past 6 months, I can say that for me personally and without a doubt, that the Moga gamepad controllers - and specifically the Moga Pro Power Controller is the most compatible with the largest aray of mobile devices. It has 2 discrete pairing modes - "A" mode which supports all HID drivers which are the most common to OS bluetooth default controls and games, and "B" pairing mode which I generally use as it is completely configurable to most any "event" in your script or other control devices.

It also has the longest battery life based on a single charge - as much as 50% more than other controllers and benchmarked as the longest battery life by 25% over any other controller. But it is the compatability which is the real value here, as I'm able to use with every game/app and OS I use and/or develop. Not to mention both analog and digital joysticks and buttons. 

So I don't know if this helps much, but I can definately say that no other controller on the market is as compatible as the Moga Pro Power Bluetooth controller. And I've tried them all in every OS and with every browser. None are 100% universal, but this controller is 100% configurable - however, I rarely need to pre-configure. If you need any further help with this let me know and I can probably assist further - at least on a general level. And by the way, this controller far out-performs Samsung's GearVR controller as it supports far more devices, but also natively supports all Samsung and GearVR controls with no addition configuration required.

Cheers,

DB

EDIT - I'm going to go a bit off topic here, because I just purchased "EVE: GunJack" for the GearVR, and it is as addictive as crack - not that I would personally know.:blink: But all kidding aside, the VR experience in this game is equal to anything I've played yet. It truly is addictive, and is keeping me from my work. Now it was developed using UE4 which I am a great fan and have used extensively; however, as I'm very familiar with UE4, I can definately say that this fantastic VR game could have been built in babylon.js with little or no differences in gameplay and/or graphics. So I hope to see more developers on this forum move in the VR and AR direction, regardless of the display format. I'm looking forward to Magic Leap's hardware, however as they are 2 years from release, everything I'm building for newly released VR displays is applicable to the upcoming AR and VR displays not yet released such as the Hololens (which is a step above Oculus in many ways), and then the pinnacle of AR which is Magic Leap - with the exception of the renderer and the physical mechanics of these displays. However, such differences will be virtually transparent to the game developer as well as the required effort to develop for these displays at some point shortly following release.

Anyway, I just perhaps "wasted"  the past 2 hours until my S7 phone overheated (thank God for this), as this was the only reason I'm back to work now.:rolleyes: And back to the topic, the entire gaming experience is improved 100% (actually more for me) using the Moga controller - which as always works flawlessly with the new game. So again, I HIGHLY recommend this controller, but not the game if you EVER want to get any work done.

@MasterSplinter -

I wouldn't recommend it if I hadn't tried 3 other controllers previously just this year with a wide variety of results and limitations - however, no gamepad I've bought has worked as well on every bluetooth device I own, which is several Android devices spanning from more than 2 years old to the new Samsung S6 and S7, 3 different IPads, 2 Iphones, and apps including Oculus and the Samsung browser - as well as Chrome - and I use the Samsung browser when ever I want to use the GearVR with the Oculus app. - otherwise I bypass pluging in the phones and use the VRCamera in Chrome and other browsers - but mostly Chrome without Oculus.

If you do pick this up, I recommend using the B pairing mode most of the time, as this generally pairs natively to most devices and OS without any configuration on the user's side. And as a really nice benefit, the weight, comfort, analog and digital stickes, and in general the usability of the Moga Pro controller is excellent. Also when I have to fly and am not using the GearVR, the controller also has an adjustable open phone mount built into the controller to easily attach most all smartphones to it in a screen display configuration - so that you are able to play any game quite comfortably like what I used to use for my Sony PSP in my past life.

It sounds like I should be a rep for Moga, but it really is that awesome whether you are using it for VR or not. But please be sure to buy the Moga Pro as they make 3 other controllers, and the awesome control as well as compatability does vary allot between them - especially the quality of the analog and digital sticks, but also in the almost perfect weight, size, and positioning of the sticks and buttons.

I hope this helps you press the button on Amazon or elsewhere to purchase - as I love it when I'm lucky enough to buy something which truly makes my gaming experience better - not to mention the added ease of VR and VR development.

Please let me know if there's anything I can assist with in using this controller with games and/or VR, and let me know what your experience is as well if you do make the buy.

Cheers,

DB