[WIP] My TASUKU! surviving in a Japanese company

kanke shocho

Hello

I am a not a gamer but a photographer/artist living in Tokyo and trying to find new ways to showcase my photography through game or interactive content.
My TASUKU! (Japanese pronunciation of "my task") is my first interactive project, made with HTML CSS and Javascript, and based on photos from a street photography series about office workers in Tokyo.

The gamer is considered as an "employee" and the game will test their survival skills in Tokyo's corporate world. The moving slides are inspired by slot machines I saw in pachinkos and game centers.
On most levels of the programme, the employee will be asked to complete 6 tasks from a To-Do list which is at the bottom of the screen. Upon completion, the employee will be directed to the next level. The thumbnails of the To-Do list are a reminder of what is left to be done. The employee will keep an eye on them to prevent making the same task twice as this would result in a loss of points.

game access: http://www.brunoquinquet.com/shared/mytasuku.html

game info (more detailed than below): http://www.brunoquinquet.com/en/mytasuku_en.html

Here's a brief description from the 5 levels of the beta version.

■ Level 01 - MORNING COMMUTE

Reach the office in 6 steps. Stop slides on the same photo to complete each step.

01_commute_07.png

■ Level 02 - MANGA MANIA

Perform 6 tasks at the office, while refraining from reading manga.

02_manga_busted.png

■ Level 03 - ENERGY DRINK

Have an energy drink and a smoke, looking at bystanders near the company building.

03_energydrink_04.png

■ Level 04 - SUDOKU MASTER

The employee's secret mission is to complete a sudoku grid while their superior is not looking. To go unsuspected, they should pretend they're on the phone every time the superior shows up.

04_sudoku_3.png

■ Level 05 - LUNCH BREAK

Depending on how fast the employee performed in the previous levels, the programme will propose various menus, from grilled eel (the best, 100 points) to a plastic tray of sushi from the combini (10 points).

05_lunch_03.png

future plans:

- a level about Japanese gardens and cherry blossom

- a "depression by overwork" mode with black and white photos

- the possibility to store and share accomplishments, and see other competitors

Thank you for your time and feedback if you feel like it!

Bruno