Skybox texture loading RED CHECKERS

webGLmmk

Can't exactly use the playground for this I dont think. I'm getting the dreaded red checkers and I really can't see what I"m doing wrong. Although in the documentation, the pictures show that its supposed to be  "jpg"...the paragraph specifies .png

jpgorpng.png

so....jpg or png?  That's just my excuse for having trouble with this. I tried both locally anyway. Its probably path related.

this is the directory where my images are. https://github.com/3dwebgs/miscWebGLpages/tree/gh-pages/textures/skybox

This is the file itself: https://github.com/3dwebgs/miscWebGLpages/blob/gh-pages/starfield.html

// Skybox
			var skybox = BABYLON.Mesh.CreateBox("skyBox", 500.0, scene);
			var skyboxMaterial = new BABYLON.StandardMaterial("skyBox", scene);
			skyboxMaterial.backFaceCulling = false;
			skyboxMaterial.reflectionTexture = new BABYLON.CubeTexture("textures/skybox", scene);
			skyboxMaterial.reflectionTexture.coordinatesMode = BABYLON.Texture.SKYBOX_MODE;
			skyboxMaterial.diffuseColor = new BABYLON.Color3(0, 0, 0);
			skyboxMaterial.specularColor = new BABYLON.Color3(0, 0, 0);
			skyboxMaterial.disableLighting = true;
			skybox.material = skyboxMaterial;

loaded page: http://3dwebgs.github.io/miscWebGLpages/starfield.html

and yeah you DO seem to have to refresh the page to get it to load. I saw that in a previous thread somewhere....if only a star field looked like a checkerboard.

Hi @webGLmmk 

the skybox texture needs path + name of the skyboxes, babylon only adds "_py.jpg" etc, to your path to allow several different skyboxes to be stored and easily switched between by changing the last name :) 

so atm, babylon is looking at "textures/skybox_py.jpg"

all you gotta do is change 

skyboxMaterial.reflectionTexture = new BABYLON.CubeTexture("textures/skybox", scene);

into

skyboxMaterial.reflectionTexture = new BABYLON.CubeTexture("textures/skybox/skybox", scene);

to get the last folder included and it should work :) 

50 minutes ago, aWeirdo said:

Hi @webGLmmk 

the skybox texture needs path + name of the skyboxes, babylon only adds "_py.jpg" etc, to your path to allow several different skyboxes to be stored and easily switched between by changing the last name :) 

so atm, babylon is looking at "textures/skybox_py.jpg"

all you gotta do is change 

into

skyboxMaterial.reflectionTexture = new BABYLON.CubeTexture("textures/skybox/skybox", scene);

to get the last folder included and it should work :) 

bingo, this community is the best.