Body going outside sprite when moving fast

Martiny

Well, I'm having this situation in my game. When moving too fast, the sprite body goes off the image. It happens when moving slowly as well, but in a smaller scale (only the hair is off the collision then). 

(1) - Not moving.

(2) - Moving right 20px at a time in the update function.

(3) - This is what happens when I'm colliding with the WorldBounds. This happens as long as the keyboard key responsible for moving is down.

d7qg.png

Here's the game code:

var game = new Phaser.Game(1200, 400, Phaser.CANVAS, 'game', { preload: preload, create: create, update: update, render: render}); function preload() {	game.load.image('hero', 'assets/hero.png');	game.load.image('background', 'assets/background.png')}  var hero,   	 speed = 20.5, 	 facing = "left", 	 background;function create() {	game.world.setBounds(0, 0, 2000, 400);	background = game.add.sprite(0, 1, 'background');	hero = game.add.sprite(200, 289, 'hero');	hero.anchor.setTo(0.5, 0.5);	hero.body.collideWorldBounds = true;	game.camera.follow(hero);} function update() {	if (game.input.keyboard.isDown(Phaser.Keyboard.LEFT) || game.input.keyboard.isDown(Phaser.Keyboard.A)) {		hero.x -= speed;		if (facing != "left") {			hero.scale.x *= -1;			facing = "left";		}	}	else if (game.input.keyboard.isDown(Phaser.Keyboard.RIGHT) || game.input.keyboard.isDown(Phaser.Keyboard.D)) {		hero.x += speed;		if (facing != "right") {			hero.scale.x *= -1;			facing = "right";		}		}}function render () {game.debug.renderSpriteBody(hero);}

When the camera is following the player (hero), the body is perfectly fitting the image.

Am I using this correctly? Thanks for the attention. I can upload the game folder somewhere if necessary.

If you want to use the physics body then you need to move the player using physics too, i.e. don't set the .x value directly on the sprite but use velocity/acceleration on the body instead.

Edit: If you need an example the recent tutorial we posted shows exactly how.