Removing the physics collisions after mesh removal

Panuchka

Hi, just a short question about physics usage. I use Cannon.js for now, moving to Oimo.js later on.

Anyways, I'm making a Bomberman clone with physics turned on. Let's say that I have a 20 x 20 grid. Bomb explodes in my game and this should destroy some random tile. After I dispose the mesh, the physics impostor seems to be there still, since my trusty old debug ball happily rolls over the empty space.

The question is: How to remove mesh and its physics properties from the scene?

Here you go sir! 

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#BHMRT

Although I've been thinking of maybe dumping the use of physics engine and just use the collisions. What would I miss? If the only thing I need is some falling from the platforms, it is probably wiser to use something simpler? 

I'm curious, have you investigated how much the physics engine slows down everything?

I managed to fix it. The problem was that I did not assign the physics impostor to the mesh properly:

// RIGHT
tileMeshCopy.physicsImpostor = new BABYLON.PhysicsImpostor(tileMeshCopy, BABYLON.PhysicsImpostor.BoxImpostor, { mass: 0, restitution: 0.9 }, scene);

// WRONG
new BABYLON.PhysicsImpostor(tileMeshCopy, BABYLON.PhysicsImpostor.BoxImpostor, { mass: 0, restitution: 0.9 }, scene);

Here is the working one:
http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#BHMRT#1

I kind of thought that just creating the physics impostor would attach it to the mesh itself. Oh well :D