Zombie Speed Run (My first game)

botman

After years and years of on-again, off-again attempts at making games without every actually finishing anything, I was inspired by Lundum Dare and other game jams to come up with a simple idea for a game and see it through.

Well, it's still in progress, but here's the first playable alpha of my first game! Zombie Speed Run is a simple rogue-like. 

It's written from scratch (no libraries or engine), which has been a good experience, but I'm definitely going to try out some existing engines/libraries for anything more ambitious.

Any feedback much appreciated. :)

Play: http://zsr.pulpventures.com.au

zsr-ss02.png

^^ agree with him about the shooting, but it makes sense if you were on a touch device since you won't have a keyboard to use... which means you'd want to do everything with touch.

Enjoyed the game. Haven't played anything like that for a while :) reminded me of excelsior and trying to avoid powerful monsters haha.

Thanks both, I appreciate it. :)

I agree about the controls. It's funny because they seemed so straight-forward before I implemented them, then suddenly they weren't! Adding support for all-touch will be my next task, which should make it easier, and then I can support phones/tablets too.

Thanks again.