Probleme with the fog and the shadows

Dad72

Hi,

When I put fog on my scene it is active only from the outer limit of the ground and not from the camera. If I have a terrain of 1000 * 1000 my fog begins very far from the camera if i am on the ground in the middle.
It should be visible on the ground also, no? If I does not of ground it works very well.
I've try the mode LINEAR, EXP and EXP2, same observation.

and my shadows do not work.

This is because you use a custom shader for the ground. If you need fog support, you have to code it in your shader :)

Here is an extract of the code I used in the StandardMaterial:

#define FOGMODE_NONE    0.#define FOGMODE_EXP     1.#define FOGMODE_EXP2    2.#define FOGMODE_LINEAR  3.#define E 2.71828uniform vec4 vFogInfos;uniform vec3 vFogColor;varying float fFogDistance;float CalcFogFactor(){float fogCoeff = 1.0;float fogStart = vFogInfos.y;float fogEnd = vFogInfos.z;float fogDensity = vFogInfos.w;if (FOGMODE_LINEAR == vFogInfos.x){fogCoeff = (fogEnd - fFogDistance) / (fogEnd - fogStart);}else if (FOGMODE_EXP == vFogInfos.x){fogCoeff = 1.0 / pow(E, fFogDistance * fogDensity);}else if (FOGMODE_EXP2 == vFogInfos.x){fogCoeff = 1.0 / pow(E, fFogDistance * fFogDistance * fogDensity * fogDensity);}return clamp(fogCoeff, 0.0, 1.0);}float fog = CalcFogFactor();color.rgb = fog * color.rgb + (1.0 - fog) * vFogColor;