array of button and action on clic problem

espace

hi,

i have an array of buttons and i would assign a function that return the number of the button.

my problem is when i clic on a button i receive the number 5 who is the number of buttons in my array and not the number of the concerned button itself.

what i'm doing wrong ?

https://jsfiddle.net/espace3d/Ldwz1w0o/

sprite = function(game,im,g,posx,posy){
this.g=g
this.g=game.add.group()
this.posx=posx
this.posy=posy
Phaser.Sprite.call(this,game,this.posx+0,this.posy,im)
this.buttons=[]
for (var i=0;i < 5;i++){
this.buttons[i]=game.add.button(this.posx,this.posy+i*50,im,() => this.action(i),this)
this.g.add(this.buttons[i])
}
this.g.add(this)
}

sprite.prototype = Object.create(Phaser.Sprite.prototype)
sprite.prototype.constructor = sprite

sprite.prototype.action=function(n){
console.log(n)
}
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

var game = new Phaser.Game(800, 600, Phaser.AUTO, 'phaser-example', { preload: preload, create: create });
var g1
function preload() {
}

function create() {
var Sprite = new sprite(game,'ico',g1,0,0)
}	

Hi, reason is, that your counter (i) stops at 5. And when any of buttons is clicked, it takes actual value of i (=5). You need to save actual value of counter somewhere, while iterating. Try this:

for (var i=0;i < 5;i++){

this.buttons[i]=game.add.button(this.posx,this.posy+i*50,im,(but) => this.action(but.id),this)

this.buttons[i].id = i;

this.g.add(this.buttons[i])
}

When button is clicked, it is passed to callback handler. In it you can read dynamicly added property "id", which saved actual value of iterator i.

Just found this article: https://medium.freecodecamp.com/lets-learn-javascript-closures-66feb44f6a44#.bvslnzzfe

Example in second half is almost the same as your problem. It shows & explains other ways how to avoid your bug. Seems, most simple one is to write "let" instead of "var" for loop variable. Reason, why it works is also explained in aricle.