Universal camera

juanmajr93

Hi all,

I am using new UniversalCamera to allow access of application web from pc or mobile devices. However It doesnt work so good. I have been testing  example of @davrous and It is perfect!. Maybe I need to reprograme some tips of this camera. Now I can only turn camera in my tablet but i cant move. The version of BabylonJS that I am using is v 2.6 alpha

Params of my camera:

var camera = new BABYLON.UniversalCamera("universalCamera", new BABYLON.Vector3(600, 200, -500), scene);
        camera.setTarget(new BABYLON.Vector3(0,0,0));
        camera.speed = 5;
        camera.checkCollisions = true;
        camera.ellipsoid = new BABYLON.Vector3(2, 3, 2);
        camera.attachControl(canvas);

Thanks you very much!!!

Yes of course I render all my scene. If I drag my finger over screen of tablet and  I only can turn but never move. At the same device I have tested this demo  babylonjs.com/demos/sponza/ uploaded by @Deltakosh and @davrous and it works perfectly I only have created the camera that appears in my last post and it hasn't the same  behavior what am I doing bad...

Hi,

You're still using handjs. We decided, after an agreement with the jQuery foundation, to switch to their polyfill jQuery PEP: https://github.com/jquery/PEP.

Try the following in your sample:

1 - Reference jQuery PEP before babylon.js: https://code.jquery.com/pep/0.4.1/pep.js
2 - Add this attribute to your rendering canvas touch-action="none"

It should work with the UniversalCamera. 

David

You must remove reference to hand.js (you still have it in your script references) to avoid collision and for the canvas, you have to add the touch-action property as an attribute to the HTML element not via styling/css. 

You can view an exemple in the jQuery PEP documentation or reading the code of page of sponza.