Question on Canvas2D Caching

TMTH

Well, let's say that for now only the DONTCACHE, TOPLEVELGROUP and CANVAS are working, but it could be nice if I would spent some time (finally) to finish the ALLGROUP mode.

By the way, you have a new "doc entry point" here: https://github.com/BabylonJS/Babylon.js/tree/master/canvas2D

And the home page of the doc is still here: http://doc.babylonjs.com/overviews/canvas2d_home

As you're pretty new (in the forum at least), may I ask you if you managed to find these docs? I would just like to know if I can improve things on this matter.

I'll keep you in touch for the ALLGROUP mode, but right now the CANVAS level or TOPGROUP level are fine for most usage, but that's no excuse for the latest mode that's not working. I have your PG I'll reproduce it locally and debug.

4 hours ago, Nockawa said:

I would just like to know if I can improve things on this matter

Yes, I've read all the docs, and explored large part of canvas2d source code. I could suggest one improvement of documentation - strict marking of components that work now,  and component that are under development. So, that one reading, for example, documentation on Group2D could see, that not all cache modes are supported right now

Well, thanks to you I have the feeling that soon this part of Canvas2D will be bullet proof! 

Indeed, it's a bug, I think I'm going to use Trello again! Because you find them quicker that I can fix them. Concerning the ALLGROUP I haven't given up, it's just I'll be able to properly investigate it from this week end I think.

On 02.02.2017 at 6:14 PM, TMTH said:

I'm using designSize on canvas. When I change cachingStrategy on canvas, I see change in absolute position on top level primitive

That problem is more urgent then the first one.

Because you can emulate CACHESTRATEGY_ALLGROUPS using CACHESTRATEGY_TOPLEVELGROUPS, just making fake "child" for group and manually setting it's position in response to "parent" actualPosition property changed. Thus you will have cached group, that behaves just like normal group. But when your turn on CACHESTRATEGY_TOPLEVELGROUPS using designSize, all your layout will be visually broken. And I can see no workaround for that problem.

• 1 month later...