Programmer Seeking an Artist, Sound Person and/or Level Designer

omenking

I'm from Canada in the -5 EST timezone. I've been programming for 10 years for web-startups.

Goal
My goal is modest, in that I want to create some very simple desktop HTML5 game to publish on Kongregate.

Past Efforts
I have a graveyard of incomplete games.
I end up putting 40-120 hours coding a game and then I stop because I realize that Art, Sound and Level Design will add another 120 hours of labour.

Ideology
I keep shrinking my game ideas because whats most important is publishing the game.
I want to build very small games, and make larger games after each success.
I want to be able to build a game start to finish in 2 weeks.
I am not a perfectionist, my attitude is "thats good enough".

Availability
I work from home so I can make the time everyday to code on a game for at least 2 hours. I could put in around 40 hours in 2 weeks. I am always on Skype, and always ready to pick up a call.

I build my games using PhaserJS or MihtrilJS. I have used Unity, UnrealEngine, GameMaker, but I think PhaserJS currently offers the best experience for Kongregate. I can make mobile games, but would rather focus on just desktop Kongregate games for simplicity.

Skill-set
Although I am programmer focused, my original focus was graphics, I'm equipped with both a Cintiq and Intos, I know the entire 3D pipeline, I always have Photoshop and Illustrator open. I have the technical skill to produce art, I just don't want to.

Game Details
I have a graveyard of games that could be repurposed. I'm actually on the verge of publishing a simple pipe game to Kongregate, which maybe I'll attach screenshots here. I don't care about being the idea person. I could make a new game from scratch. As long as the scope is small.

Questions
If you're seriously interested I ask that you answer the following questions:

• What timezone do you live in? eg. -5 EST
  • How fluent are you in English? eg. Native English Speaker
  • Could you put any money in? eg. $20 CAD for marketing
  • How many hours per week can you commit? eg. 2-8 hours
  • When could you start?
  • Do you have Skype and what is your availability throughout the week?
  • Can you show some sample work?

Example

589de01930a1b_ScreenShot2017-02-10at10_27_39AM.png.c95a8e5eed41bc82269d87bd4ae44a3e.png

589ddffb905f8_ScreenShot2017-02-10at10_27_21AM.png.13f1eb1b20f2975d3834d4654adb0526.png
589de0184bc77_ScreenShot2017-02-10at10_27_28AM.png.7009474af84ba8fe05690a3a1eaf7bd9.png