Destroy all children but keep base textures in tact

voidstar

My game has multiple game states (ie levels) and each game state has a root container to which all further pixi objects are children off.  When swapping game states I wish to clean up all the objects that were part of that state but leave the base textures in tact for future use.  If I call destroy(true) on the root container so that it destroys itself and all it's children then it also destroys all the base textures used by those children which means I'd have to reload all my assets when swapping states.  Is there a way I can destroy everything attached to the root container but leave the base textures untouched?

Ok I got the update to work but I have two issues.  Firstly I don't seem to be able to set the default texture scale mode anymore, it's now a read only property.  What's the correct way to do this in v4?  Secondly, upgrading my typescript version has broken intellisense in Visual Studio 2015 which now refuses to understand any PIXI code regardless of the fact I've updated the proj files, rebuilt the code, and cleared the cache.  Has anyone encountered this before?

Going back to PIXI v3 fixed the issues with intellisense.  I'm guessing PIXI v4 isn't yet compatible with typescript 2.2 and in typical Microsoft fashion if I try to download installers for typescript 2.0 or 2.1 from their website they keep giving me version 2.2 instead.  Guess I'm stuck with v3 for now

Sorry for all the updates but I just keep running into problems.  I gave upgrading another crack by uninstalling typescript completely and installing version 2.2 (the only version I can get my hands on).  This seems to have fixed the intellisense issues with PIXI v4.  However I'm still getting an error when trying to set the scale mode.  This code:

PIXI.settings.SCALE_MODE = PIXI.SCALE_MODES.NEAREST;

results in the error:

Cannot assign to 'SCALE_MODE' because it is a constant or a read-only property.

Does anyone know why this is and how I get around it?