How to remove Events from sprites?

ragnarok

{EDIT: Kinda wrong title, I think it's got more to do with the group, rather than the single sprite}

Hello everybody,

for my game project I'm working on a little level editor. I plan to have a "hand drawn" map and want to work with definable areas for borders (area: Wall, you shall not pass), special effects (area: fire, take damage; area: snow, play diffrenet sound for steps) and so on. For debugging/editing- purposes, I draw the polygons in the render-stage and add small sprites to make the corners dragable (and a center-point to drag the whole area at once).

post-5957-0-20580900-1388892392.png

This kinda works. However removing the dragable sprites (which get's "necessarry" when when ending editing). An easy way to do this is to call group.destroy() but while this works, I get a lot of errors and the mouse input stops working. This tells me I should remove some event-listeners first:

1. Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'visible' of null VM3275 phaser.js:12405
    1. Object.defineProperty.getVM3275 phaser.js:12405
    2. Phaser.InputHandler.checkPointerOverVM3275 phaser.js:16750
    3. Phaser.Pointer.moveVM3275 phaser.js:15586
    4. Phaser.Mouse.onMouseMoveVM3275 phaser.js:14929

The question is: Where/How? The sprites are in a Phaser group which is stored in my level data:

function areasAddHandles(areaNr){      var sprite, group=game.add.group();      group.areaNr=areaNr;      for(var j=0,len=this.data.areas[areaNr].polygon.points.length-1;j<=len;j++){        sprite=group.create(Level.data.areas[areaNr].polygon.points[j].x-4,                            Level.data.areas[areaNr].polygon.points[j].y-4,                            'dot');        sprite.inputEnabled =true;        sprite.input.enableDrag(true);        sprite.input.useHandCursor=true;        sprite.vertexId=j;        sprite.events.onDragStop.add(vertexListener, sprite.game);      }      Level.debug.handlers.push({corners:group});}function endAreaDebug(areaId){  Level.debug.handlers[areaId].corners.destroy();}

Just calling the group to destroy itself (by endAreaDebug), gives me said errors and the mouse stops working.

Anybody got an idea?

EDIT:

I tried:

Level.debug.handlers[0].corners.callAll('destroy')

and

Level.debug.handlers[0].corners.forEach(function(itm){itm.destroy();})

Both delete some of the handlers but not all and give me: TypeError: Cannot read property 'destroy' of null

The following works without errors, until the point where I destroy the rest of the group:

for (var i=0, j=Level.debug.handlers[areaId].corners.countliving(); i<j;i++) {

Level.debug.handlers[areaId].corners.getAt(0).destroy();

}

///errors follow after this:

Level.debug.handlers[areaId].corners.destroy()

Edited by ragnarok

Group.destroy in 1.1.4 has the ability to call destroy on all children, which should resolve this issue I believe. Also tidied up the input handler a little bit. Might be worth checking against that build. It goes live next week anyway though so not long to wait if you'd prefer for it to hit master first.