Is Gamejolt useless

Jammy

Anyone had any success on game jolt? My first game on there has 30 plays over 2 years, my latest game got 1/5 review within 10 minutes of being upload and the game hasn't even been played.

I cant seem to find anything good about this site and so far seems a waste of time.

Anyone with different experience?

Thanks, Jammy

• 2 weeks later...

i don't think you can rely on the site to expose your games to the masses. the same goes for most of the other sites of this type. with so much content and very little acknowledgment given past the first 2 pages of results by users it makes it difficult. i think it's about building connections, review others stuff and some review yours, gradually you gain more exposure and hopefully make some friends. it's a shame about the rating without even playing the game but it happens. personally i am a fan of the site and use it regularly. best of luck.

2 hours ago, hotfeet said:

i don't think you can rely on the site to expose your games to the masses. the same goes for most of the other sites of this type. with so much content and very little acknowledgment given past the first 2 pages of results by users it makes it difficult. i think it's about building connections, review others stuff and some review yours, gradually you gain more exposure and hopefully make some friends. it's a shame about the rating without even playing the game but it happens. personally i am a fan of the site and use it regularly. best of luck.

Thanks for the response and insight dude, so is it more like a "place to host your game" and I guess some community around that? What sort of stuff do you get up to on there?