Applying Images/Text to Blender Exports

Facity

Hi,

I'm fairly new to javascript/blender/babylon as a whole, and I came across this website: https://us2.cupprint.com/personalize/index/index/id/34/selection/prod_27_1502984627_78/idProduct/27/qty/1000/o/47/form_key/KjUBWujiFqxt1AKz/product/27/fixed-quantities/1000/bttg/1/

And I would like to mimic the setup they have, I've managed to get as far as creating an object in blender, exporting it out as a babylon file, and inserting it into a scene that shows on a web browser, however doing the next bit is completely lost to me.

Is there a simple (simpler) way of doing it compared to how it's done on the above link or am I way out of my depth?

Hi @Deltakosh thanks for your reply, where in this would I add the GUI code? Doesn't seem to matter where I add it, my scene just infinitely loads in my browser.

<script>
        if (BABYLON.Engine.isSupported()) {
            var canvas = document.getElementById("renderCanvas");
            var engine = new BABYLON.Engine(canvas, true);

BABYLON.SceneLoader.Load("", "Render.babylon", engine, function (newScene) {
                // Wait for textures and shaders to be ready
                newScene.executeWhenReady(function () {

var camera =  new BABYLON.ArcRotateCamera("ArcRotateCamera", 6, 1, 20, new BABYLON.Vector3(0, 0, 0), newScene);

newScene.activeCamera = camera;  // this line might be removable - done automatically.
					camera.attachControl(canvas);

// Once the scene is loaded, just register a render loop to render it
                    engine.runRenderLoop(function() {
                        newScene.render();
                    });
                });
            }, function (progress) {
                // To do: give progress feedback to user
            });
        }
    </script>

Hi @RaananW

I think i'm just way out of depth here with what I want to achieve, considering I don't know any javascript, I don't really understand the question you've asked me haha.

I was pulling the GUI.js from the CDN (CND?) "https://preview.babylonjs.com/gui/babylon.gui.js"

If I knew how to load my own render inside the playground I would do that, when I copy my code into the playground, it tells me I need to attach a camera?

var camera =  new BABYLON.ArcRotateCamera("ArcRotateCamera", 6, 1, 20, new BABYLON.Vector3(0, 0, 0), newScene);

newScene.activeCamera = camera;  // this line might be removable - done automatically.
					camera.attachControl(canvas);

I thought this was a camera? It's all very confusing for me haha, thanks for the help anyway!

Hi @Facity,

I made a few changes to your scene, so it will work correctly:

https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#XCPP9Y#261

createScene was missing (a function that returns a scene). There is also no need to create the render loop. And! :) It is recommended to use the Append function, so you wouldn't create 2 scenes.

Hope this makes sense and moves you forward!

Thanks @RaananW,

The code you provided doesn't work with my HTML document (but solve that issue at a later date)

To the playground though (https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#XCPP9Y#262) so I start building a GUI to ultimately apply images/text to the rendered object in the scene.

I think using fullscreen is the better route as it will keep the "artwork canvas" let's call it static instead of moving with the camera, but being a complete javascript novice, how do I move the position of it? say I want it to the left of the render, I though "button1.position.y = 5;" would work but it tells me that button1.position is undefined :(

I just had a thought, tell me if I'm wrong,

But to achieve what I want to do, I will need to use UV Mapping? So build a canvas with GUI so the user can enter text/images, and link that up to UV Mapping to have it displayed on the object?