is it someone who success to implement tern-phaser with vim ?

espace

yes thanks i follow each steps (this is good write) and it work, expect one feature that i believe it was possible :

When i'm typing

game.add.sprite("C-j"

i hope that :

game.add.sprite(game, x, y, key, frame)

but it do nothing ...is it possible on your computer ?

if you are coding all the javascript/ phaser inside main html file and want phaser auto-completion then,

in vim,

:set ft=javascript      (to switch back   :set ft=html)

**this will allow you to list the .js plugin in current working file

//for handling further bug on phaser auto-completion with vim//

http://redchilligame.com/how_to_use_phaser_with_vim

i set ft= javascript

problem is still present, when i autocomplete this

game.add.sprite

i have no this:

game.add.sprite(game, x, y, key, frame)

and when i run :ternDef on sprite i have this error:

Failed to start server:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
/home/espace/game/phaser.js:21763                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
    PIXI: PIXI || {},                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
          ^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
ReferenceError: PIXI is not defined                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/espace/game/phaser.js:21763:11)                                                                                                                                                                                                     
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/espace/game/phaser.js:105605:4)                                                                                                                                                                                                     
    at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
    at Module.load (module.js:343:32)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    at Module.require (module.js:353:17)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
    at require (internal/module.js:12:17)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
    at loadPlugins (/home/espace/.vim/plugged/tern_for_vim/node_modules/tern/bin/tern:136:15)                                                                                                                                                                                               
    at startServer (/home/espace/.vim/plugged/tern_for_vim/node_modules/tern/bin/tern:174:17) 

an idea ?

if you followed all the steps correctly for setting vim with phaser in http://redchilligame.com/how_to_use_phaser_with_vim

then, there shouldn't be any problem.(if the steps are correct).

if the phaser auto completion plugin is installed in correct dir. then , its not necessary to type :TernDef (vim will auto display TernDef panel at bottom/top ).

according to error you have posted::

at loadPlugins (/home/espace/.vim/plugged/tern_for_vim/node_modules/tern/bin/tern:136:15)

the phaser auto completion directory folder is mismatched when calling:: set it to  ../tern_for_vim/node_modules/tern/plugin/..

if set correctly you will see :: (ref: pic below)

vim_phaser_sprite.png

hi,

i have create a new user and reinstall all vim with tern and now an another error. it seems that the server won't launch.

Failed to start server:                                                                                                                     
/home/user/game/phaser.js:16034                                                                                              
                canvas: document.createElement('canvas')                                                                                    
                        ^                                                                                                                   
ReferenceError: document is not defined  

have you an idea ?

I think ,

you might have missed some steps for configuration phaser with vim  in http://redchilligame.com/how_to_use_phaser_with_vim

- according to the error you have posted::

/home/user/game/phaser.js:16034

tern is pointing to wrong api plugin

check this steps::

1] if linux::  install tern inside tern_for_vim folder using sudo npm install tern

if windows::  if you use "neocomplete" instead of "youcompleteme"  check if vim is compiled with +lua

2] you have correctly downloaded and copied phaser.js auto-completion api to the ..tern/plugin/ folder (*** note::  the  official phaser.js  != to phaser.js auto-complete api , they are two different entities :: one is framework another is auto-completer)

*** download and copy the phaser.js auto-complete api (**not the official phaser.js ) from [point no.4]  of the link provided in http://redchilligame.com/how_to_use_phaser_with_vim

--this will solve most of the problem.

3] there is ".tern-project" - root of dir.

-- and tell me if that works (vim + phaser rocks) " happy coding"

hi,

thanks to keep time to solve this.

i read and re-read your explanation and all you have described is done. I describe this :

sudo apt-get install vim 
//node => ubuntu
curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_9.x | sudo -E bash -
sudo apt-get install -y nodejs

sudo apt-get install -y build-essential

install neocomplete

install tern_for_vim

cd .vim/plugged/tern_for_vim 
sudo npm install tern
cd node_modules/tern/plugin/

copy phaser.js from http://redchilligame.com/tutorials/vim_phaser/js/phaser.js 

inside this directory : vim/plugged/tern_for_vim /node_modules/tern/plugin

cd && cd mygame && vim .tern-project

copy paste this inside and save

{
"ecmaVersion": 6,
"libs": ["browser"],
"loadEagerly": [],

"plugins": {
"phaser" : {},
"doc_comment": true
}
}

in vim

:set ft=javascript

when i run :TerndeffPreview this error :

Failed to start server:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
/home/bertrand/mygame/phaser.js:21763                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
          ^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/bertrand/mygame/phaser.js:21763:11)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/bertrand/mygame/phaser.js:105605:4)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
    at Module.load (module.js:343:32)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
    at Module.require (module.js:353:17)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
    at require (internal/module.js:12:17)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
    at loadPlugins (/home/bertrand/.vim/plugged/tern_for_vim/node_modules/tern/bin/tern:136:15)                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
    at startServer (/home/bertrand/.vim/plugged/tern_for_vim/node_modules/tern/bin/tern:174:17) 

(vim + phaser rocks)

so as per your steps,

all the installation steps are correct in reference to http://redchilligame.com/how_to_use_phaser_with_vim .
its the problem with the tern_for_vim configuration
since you are using vim-plug "plugin manager" (there's no error/problem with the vundle vim "plugin manager").
do any of the following steps::
reference::
https://github.com/ternjs/tern_for_vim/blob/master/autoload/tern.vim

1] goto you tern_for_vim folder  ..autoload/tern.vim line 15
since Ubuntu; change node --> "nodejs"
 let g:tern#command = ["node", expand('<sfile>:h') . '/../node_modules/tern/bin/tern', '--no-port-file']
to
 let g:tern#command = ["nodejs", expand('<sfile>:h') . '/../node_modules/tern/bin/tern', '--no-port-file']

OR (if the above steps doesn't work then,)

let g:tern#command = ['tern']

OR (if the above steps doesn't work then,)
let g:tern#command = [ '${pkgs.nodePackages.tern}/bin/tern' ]

2]vim-plug configuration::
in vimrc::
call plug#begin('~/.vim/plugged')

change  ~  to $HOME  ("its equivalent actually but, give it a try")

3] check if python is installed/or not

4] use vundle vim "plugin manager"
if it still doesn't work in vundle,
in vimrc::
change  ~  to  $HOME
set rtp+=~/.vim/bundle/Vundle.vim
and add this,
call vundle#begin('$HOME/.vim/bundle/')

-->hope this helps 

hi,

i have follow each steps and always the same error. just for this :

let g:tern#command = ['tern'] i have another error who say no module find ....

did you success to implement this feature  on ubuntu ? i would try on windows to check but i don't have the time now.

i have also try with tern-phaser but it seems that the project is not update... https://github.com/angelozerr/tern-phaser

Just to be sure,

I have tested in all platform as described in http://redchilligame.com/how_to_use_phaser_with_vim
 and it works very well (100/100 %).
recheck::
-> python(2,3) ?
-> in home dir::
   place..
   ->.vimrc/_vimrc(win)
   ->.vim
      ->bundle
         ->tern_for_vim
           ->node_modules .../plugin/

--> give it a try with vundle plugin manager
--> re-check your vimrc file(path/calling..) and folder location once.
--> install all the requirement plugins for associative plugins see doc.

--> if all is set it will work (100/100 %)

keep trying (VIM + PHASER ROCKS!!)

Test result with tern plug both in gvim/vim::
phaser with vim in ubuntu [linux]::

phaser with vim in fedora [linux]::

phaser with vim in windows 10::

ubuntu_phasr_vim.png

fedora_vim_phaser.png

windows_vim_phaser.png

you can do everything in vim ("Old is Gold").

but if you want to use  nvim then,

for nvim (neovim) ;

put the phaser auto-completion api to ...tern/plugin/..

or main .npm  folder for global as described in http://redchilligame.com/how_to_use_phaser_with_vim

follow this links::

for using vimrc for nvim

https://github.com/neovim/neovim/wiki/FAQ

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/neovim/Nuki1lAnZ04

for ternjs ::

https://github.com/carlitux/deoplete-ternjs

https://github.com/roxma/nvim-cm-tern

damned i follow each step that you recommended and that don't works with nvim ! sorry to borry  you with this...but maybe if we find the correct solution you could put this tuto in your blog...

first i install neovim from source (ubuntu 16.04)

sudo apt-get install neovim

after write the init.vim in ~/.config/nvim/init.vim with vim-plug

default config with the plugins recommended =>

-deoplete.nvim

-deoplete-ternjs (required by deoplete.nvim)

-nvim-cm-tern

-tern_for_vim

my init.vim

set encoding=utf8
let $NVIM_TUI_ENABLE_CURSOR_SHAPE=1
set number
set clipboard=unnamedplus
set incsearch
set cursorline
set ignorecase
set wildignorecase
set autoindent
"" true color
set background=dark
let $NVIM_TUI_ENABLE_TRUE_COLOR=1
set termguicolors

" Plugins will be downloaded under the specified directory.

" keybinding
" Declare the list of plugins.
Plug 'Shougo/deoplete.nvim'
Plug 'carlitux/deoplete-ternjs', { 'do': 'npm install -g tern' }
Plug 'roxma/nvim-cm-tern',  {'do': 'npm install'}
Plug 'ternjs/tern_for_vim',  {'do': 'npm install'}

" List ends here. Plugins become visible to Vim after this call.
call plug#end()

after put the settings recommended by deoplete in the bottom of my init.vim :

https://github.com/carlitux/deoplete-ternjs#vim-configuration-example

" Whether to include the types of the completions in the result data. Default: 0
let g:deoplete#sources#ternjs#types = 1

" Whether to include the distance (in scopes for variables, in prototypes for 
" properties) between the completions and the origin position in the result 
" data. Default: 0
let g:deoplete#sources#ternjs#depths = 1

" Whether to include documentation strings (if found) in the result data.
" Default: 0
let g:deoplete#sources#ternjs#docs = 1

" When on, only completions that match the current word at the given point will
" be returned. Turn this off to get all results, so that you can filter on the 
" client side. Default: 1
/////previous nvim
////////////////////////////////////////////////

let g:deoplete#sources#ternjs#filter = 0

" Whether to use a case-insensitive compare between the current word and 
" potential completions. Default 0
let g:deoplete#sources#ternjs#case_insensitive = 1

" When completing a property and no completions are found, Tern will use some 
" heuristics to try and return some properties anyway. Set this to 0 to 
" turn that off. Default: 1
let g:deoplete#sources#ternjs#guess = 0

" Determines whether the result set will be sorted. Default: 1
let g:deoplete#sources#ternjs#sort = 0

" When disabled, only the text before the given position is considered part of 
" the word. When enabled (the default), the whole variable name that the cursor
" is on will be included. Default: 1
let g:deoplete#sources#ternjs#expand_word_forward = 0

" Whether to ignore the properties of Object.prototype unless they have been 
" spelled out by at least two characters. Default: 1
let g:deoplete#sources#ternjs#omit_object_prototype = 0

" Whether to include JavaScript keywords when completing something that is not 
" a property. Default: 0
let g:deoplete#sources#ternjs#include_keywords = 1

" If completions should be returned when inside a literal. Default: 1
let g:deoplete#sources#ternjs#in_literal = 0

"Add extra filetypes
let g:deoplete#sources#ternjs#filetypes = [
                \ 'jsx',
                \ 'javascript.jsx',
                \ 'vue',
                \ '...'
                \ ]

" Use tern_for_vim.
let g:tern#command = ["tern"]
let g:tern#arguments = ["--persistent"]

run

:PlugInstall

run npm

cd && sudo npm install -g tern
cd ~/.vim/plugged/nvim-cm-term && sudo npm install
cd ..
cd tern_for_vim && sudo npm install

copy the phaser auto completion in ~/.vim/plugged/tern_for_vim/nodes.....

make a .tern-project at the root directory of my game

{

}
}

and when i run :TernDeff on for example sprite same errot than my previous post :

Failed to start server:
/home/nvim/bubblexxx.github.io/phaser.js:21763
          ^
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/nvim/bubblexxx.github.io/phaser.js:21763:11)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/nvim/bubblexxx.github.io/phaser.js:105605:4)
    at Module._compile (module.js:660:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:671:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:573:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (module.js:513:12)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:505:3)
    at Module.require (module.js:604:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
    at loadPlugins (/usr/lib/node_modules/tern/bin/tern:136:15)

if you could resolve this you be my angel !

after searching i'm ready to use  only vim. i have found this option : set guitermcolors so i have guicolors in my terminal so it"s ok.

however vim autocompletion with tern definition work by me only if i press Ctrl-x,Ctrl-o

is i the same by you ?

i imagine that the tern definition follow with the completion like atom or sublime.

What must i do for that ?

I mainly use vim  but if u want to use neovim for phaser.

to use phaser with neovim (all the steps and plugins are same as vim configuration)

for neovim::
install nodejs. (For  lookup http://redchilligame.com/how_to_use_phaser_with_vim )
install neovim::
To be able to use add-apt-repository you may need to install software-properties-common:

sudo apt-get install software-properties-common

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:neovim-ppa/stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install neovim

Prerequisites for the Python modules:

sudo apt-get install python-dev python-pip python3-dev python3-pip

To use Vim Python 2/3 plugins with Nvim:

- For Python 2 plugins
    $ sudo pip2 install --upgrade neovim

or for the current user:
    $ pip2 install --user --upgrade neovim

- For Python 3 plugins
    $ sudo pip3 install --upgrade neovim

or for the current user:
    $ pip3 install --user --upgrade neovim

put this configuration in init.vim file::
    let g:python_host_prog  = '/path/to/python'  (*** eg:: /usr/bin/python2.7)
    let g:python3_host_prog = '/path/to/python3'

To disable Python 2 support:
    let g:loaded_python_provider = 1

To disable Python 3 support:
    let g:loaded_python3_provider = 1

plugin manager ::
     vim-plug (***currently used for testing)
tern plug::
     tern_for_vim
   *** for vim-plug ::
     Plug 'marijnh/tern_for_vim'

To user tern feature in vim/neovim - must be compiled with python.
check if neovim is compiled with python(2/3) ?
:checkhealth (to see more status or :version(for short def))

eg; configuration location::
home dir::
.config
-----nvim
-------init.vim

.vim
-----plugged
--------tern_for_vim (for installation follow )
------------node_modules
-------------- ../tern/plugin

and for phaser auto-completion follow http://redchilligame.com/how_to_use_phaser_with_vim

###  phaser auto completion works without vim omni completion ctrl x + ctrl o also.

For that.. auto completion plugin ( neocomplet ..)  vim/nvim must be compiled with +lua , +python same goes for tern plugin.

And disable autocmd. Omnisesrch. types in vimrc/imit.vim in doc. Of neocomplete github configuration file .

########

useful link ::
https://github.com/neovim/neovim/wiki/Installing-Neovim
https://neovim.io/doc/user/provider.html#provider-python

Test result phaser with neovim ::

nvim_phaser.png

nvim_phser2.png

hi,

Thanks for your time.

I success with your method to have completion with tern info on NEOVIM but only when i press ctrl-x,ctrl-o.

The first screen show that the auto-completion works without tern info:

The second screen show that the tern info work only if i press ctrl-x and ctrl-o.

On the third screen i put a checkhealth status to proove that nvim is correctly set with python.

I try with neocomplete and lua support but this link say that is not possible :

https://github.com/neovim/neovim/wiki/FAQ#can-i-use-lua-based-vim-plugins-eg-neocomplete

So how do you do to have this feature ? could you post your checkstatus and your init.vim ?

You speak about disable autocmd i set in in my init.vim => noautocmd

You speak also about disable omnisearch but i don't find how to do that ...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=vim+disable+omnisearch

I have try with deoplete (successor of neocomplete) but the result is the same :

Autocompletion ok but not with tern info, i must press ctrl-x and ctrl-o to enable that .

Just to be sure i put all the commands i perform here :

//install neovim and python
curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_8.x | sudo -E bash -
sudo apt-get install -y nodejs
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:neovim-ppa/stable && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install neovim 
sudo apt-get install python-dev python-pip python3-dev python3-pip 
sudo -H pip3 install --upgrade neovim
sudo npm install -g neovim

curl -fLo ~/.local/share/nvim/site/autoload/plug.vim --create-dirs \
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/junegunn/vim-plug/master/plug.vim

//put phaser.js in ~/.vim/plugged/tern_for_vim/nodes_modules/tern/plugin
http://redchilligame.com/tutorials/vim_phaser/js/phaser.js

//put .tern-project at the root directory of the game
 {

}
}

//init.vim
set encoding=utf8
set number
set mouse=a
set clipboard=unnamedplus
set incsearch
set cursorline
set ignorecase
set wildignorecase
"" true color
" relative number
set relativenumber

set background=dark
set termguicolors
set autoindent
"" colors
colorscheme onedark
set termguicolors
"" key

" Plugins will be downloaded under the specified directory.
"inoremap <Tab>, <C-x><C-o>
if has('nvim')
  Plug 'Shougo/deoplete.nvim', { 'do': ':UpdateRemotePlugins' }
else
  Plug 'roxma/nvim-yarp'
  Plug 'roxma/vim-hug-neovim-rpc'
endif

" Declare the list of plugins.
Plug 'ternjs/tern_for_vim'

" List ends here. Plugins become visible to Vim after this call.
call plug#end()

noautocmd
let g:python_host_prog  = '/usr/bin/python3.5'  
let g:deoplete#enable_at_startup = 1

02.png

03.png

01.png

for NEOVIM auto-completion for phaser::

neocomplete doesn't work in neovim  so, switch to deoplete.nvim (its awesome).

to use auto-completion with-out the "ctrl x + ctrl o" see following steps::

requirements::  

1] deoplete.nvim (note  it requires python3 :checkhealth)

For vim-plug ::

--> init.vim::

if has('nvim')
  Plug 'Shougo/deoplete.nvim', { 'do': ':UpdateRemotePlugins' }
else
  Plug 'roxma/nvim-yarp'
  Plug 'roxma/vim-hug-neovim-rpc'
endif
" Use deoplete.
let g:deoplete#enable_at_startup = 1

2] deoplete-ternjs (bridge for linking tern plugs)

Plug 'carlitux/deoplete-ternjs', { 'do': 'npm install -g tern' }

3] tern_for_vim  (it is bread and butter)

Plug 'marijnh/tern_for_vim'

then, put phaser auto completion api  to  ...tern_for_vim>node_modules>tern>plugin

***for detail follow point no  [3] from  http://redchilligame.com/how_to_use_phaser_with_vim

3] Now the most important  step ::

install tern globally

sudo npm install -g tern

and put another phaser auto completion api  to  ...node_modules>tern>plugin  this time globally also

eg:: /usr/lib/node_modules/tern/plugin/....

And BOOM !! there you have it all set

Now all the phaser auto-completion is shown as you type .

to use tern hints  --->  :TernType and :TernDoc  (in vim  the :TernType and :TernDoc  is automatically displayed when matched , no need to type for neocomplete)

and if the auto-completion list is not shown  then only use "ctrl x + ctrl o" 

and if you use VIM :: do not toggle off neocomplete by default make a swith key to toggle off/on and use "CTRL X + CTRL O"  for unknown listing of phaser auto-completion and switch back if satisfied . for NEOVIM no need to worry about this. (since neocomplete is not needed)

--vim/neovim  + phaser Rocks!!!