Tilemap layer order with Tiled

Dannflower

Hi all,

First off, apologies if I'm jumping the gun a bit here since I'm not sure if Mike's work on the Tilemap API is still a WIP or if it's wrapping up. That being said, the Tilemap API is near and dear to my heart due to its role within my personal projects. After poking around the recent Tilemap commits I'm curious about one thing: Are there plans to maintain layer ordering of layers within a Tilemap object as they are within the Tiled JSON?

For instance:

image.png.3df495089951b0fdee1d20121384d6f1.png

In a particular map I have something like the above where layer 1 is beneath layer 2 and object layer 1 is between layers 2 and 3. In the current build of v3 as was the implementation in v2, we lose this relationship between layers once we parse in our JSON. Current parser for reference: https://github.com/photonstorm/phaser/blob/master/v3/src/gameobjects/tilemap/parsers/parsetiledjson/index.js

Within the final Tilemap, we are given the properties "objects," "layers," and "images" (ignoring collision for time being).

Is there any plan to include a property on a Tilemap object that contains the ordered (as they are in the JSON) array of all layer types that are currently supported? My first instinct would be to suggest having the "layers" property serve that purpose and instead rename the existing property to "tileLayers" for the sake of being specific.

That being said, a shout-out to Mike for doing an excellent job cleaning up and improving the Tilemap API. I'm excited to put it through its paces!