Pixi + Custom caching

vbrepo

Hey,

I am completely lost in my game blobber.io. I debugged already a lot of bugs but this one I have been working on for the last 14 days and I am unable to find it. The original frontend developer created some custom caching before sending the data to PIXI to show. 

Before restarting the game or being respawned automatically the game is cleaned from cache but sometimes these objects are still drawn. More visible in underneath link. I am completely blocked by this and would so much appreciate if someone could help be further. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv2elk7zpfk1sl3/IMG_8930.m4v?dl=0

OK, the problem is, even if you make whole repo public is that its BIG. I and other members of PIXI teams can make swipes through pixi forum once a week, sometimes once a day, but we really solve only issues that can be reproduced fast.

That looks like an actual work, you have to hire someone who'll find the exact cause. Even I can do that, but that means I have to cut some of my serious work time to do that. Alternatively, you can wait when someone has a free time and is in very good mood :)

Hey Ivan, you are absolutely right. This is indeed a lot of code and perhaps this is not the forum to ask this for. In the meantime I progressed a lot and can already say that it is not a Pixi related issue. The custom caching is not emptying the index array as it should be. This is then wrongly submitted to pixi to redraw instead of to remove the sprite. 

Thanks for taking your time.

Of course there was a probability of "telepatic solution", sometimes we can do that :) Unfortunately, cache issues are mostly focused either somewhere deep in project either some strange interaction between project and pixi.

The custom caching is not emptying the index array as it should be

That's interesting. We've found that kind of bug in pixi 4.6.2 . try update pixi, then give me that custom code, ill tell you what to add in it.

If its different index, then yeah, show me some of the code anyway, i might to see it, randomly looking by diagonal ;)

We already upgraded to pixi 4.6.2 and had this same behavior in 4.2.3. In attachment the 2 files for caching and renderer. The smoothanimation is only used to smoothen the player to go between two coordinates.

The delete Index[e]; doesn't actually delete the whole object and once splitted - for instance in 2 - they both stay in de Index[e]. The onDel removes the sprite. The data itself comes from the backend via uws and is correct meaning that the object will show only 1 cell when they are recombined after splitting (the index will show 2 in this case).

Removing the caching would be an option but then the whole pixi needs to be rewritten (as you will see diagonally :-))

cacheDatas.js

renderer.js

smoothAnimation.js

Edited by vbrepo
Typos

Line 22, "const id = e.id || (i + 1);" does not assign new id to "e.id".  I also dont understand where it takes deleted objects.

Or may be I really dont understand that thing. Need to reproduce it and spend some time :) If you have any small budget on coder, I can recommend person who can spend some time on this thing. Better if you find someone and ask him to pester me when he has questions about Texture.fromCanvas and other things.

Hey Ivan, I have some budget to fix this issue so I would greatly appreciate it if you can recommend us someone. This is really bothering me and I want to see it solved. Even with the full code I don't understand this thing fully :-)