How to rotate and resize a sprite from specific points?

ddabrahim

Hi.

I'm new to phaser and to this forum. I have a problem that I would like to ask for some help with.

I'm trying to import a level from a JSON file exported from a 3rd party level editor that is not meant to be used with Phaser or any other 3rd party engine. It is just me trying to use the JSON coming from the editor to load the level in Phaser and I have some problem with rotation and scale of the sprites. The level editor rotate the sprites around a center point and scale the sprites from the origin point. In Phaser, I set the position of the anchor point to match the position of the origin point and set the position of the pivot point to match the position of the center point for each sprite and it works for getting the position and the rotation of the sprites but when I scale a sprite in the editor, it does not appear right in Phaser.

This is how it looks like in the editor:

editor.PNG.f87dda3e302fadf9f0e922c6fc663169.PNG

And this is how it looks like in Phaser after import:

phaser.PNG.ecf36144d86ebd281cc9b018d66f6b01.PNG

Notice the distance between the two sprites. It does not match and I think it is because in the editor the sprite is scaled from the top left corner of the sprite (origin/anchor point) while in phaser it is scaled from the center of the sprite (pivot point). At least If I don't change the position of the pivot point, the scale and position works but then rotation is off because in the editor the sprite is rotated around the center point which is in the middle by default. In any case I can't find a solution to this. I can't get the scale match without messing up the rotation or the rotation without messing up the scale because of the two points. When I check the values, everything seems to match. Position, rotation, scale but it still does not look the same in Phaser.

I hope someone did have the same problem with rotating and scaling sprites in Phaser and already figured a solution. What I would like to know specifically, is there any way to rotate a sprite around a middle point without changing the position of the anchor and pivot point or is there any way to scale a sprite from the anchor point instead of the pivot point? Because the problem seems to be in Phaser the sprites are scaled and rotated around the pivot point but in this case I need to scale it and rotate it in two separated points to get the same result as in the level editor.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.