Mobile Deployment

barodapride

Hi all, I would like to use phaser to make a game that is playable (or marketable) on mobile but I'm unfamiliar with how to deploy an html5 game to mobile. Does the user have to simply navigate to a website and play the game through the phone's browser? How can I deploy to a mobile device where an app is downloaded from the market? Is this even possible with Phaser? I have only seen browser games shown as examples, never mobile games so I'm not sure how it is usually done. Since the source code is in javascript there is no way to release an app on the market is there?

I could be wrong but I don't believe you will get a mobile engine. It supports mobile browsers and touch events. if you go here: http://github.com/photonstorm/phaser and go down to the road map you will see this:

• Integration with third party services like Google Play Game Services and Amazon JS SDK.

Anyway what I do is get an engine that supports a call to a web browser and put the link to your game in there and then compile the engine and release the apk to the market. I use AGK  but it costs money. I am sure there are free ones out there but I haven't looked. Of coarse there might be better solutions, this is just what I do.

Phaser is built for browsers (both desktop and mobile). What you're talking about is developing a native mobile app. There are ways of wrapping an html5 app so it runs natively, see tools like CocoonJS for example. Or you just build it in a 'native' environment in the first place (Unity, Corona, etc).