Synergy

Artixo

Fiat Games would like to announce our fifth game in our game a week series, Synergy!

Synergy is a simple Breakout style game, with twists and excitement! Destroy the blocks while more and more orbs are tossed on to the screen. You can combine orbs to create more powerful orbs that score more points. Try to keep balancing as many orbs as possible while clearing out all the blocks on the screen, and try to get a high score.

synergy-ss-best.png

During the period where development began on this game, we were currently without an artist, as you can read in our January recap. The goal of this game was to attempt to create a visually pleasing game without a dedicated artist, using effects and the built in GameMaker editor to a high potential. The result was bright, simple visual effects. Using varying opacity and a wide variety of graphic effects, we managed to create vividly striking game. This game helps to demonstrate the types of effects we can implement into later games, as well as the utilities available in GameMaker.

Play Synergy Here

Please give any feedback you have, and I'll be happy to reply. 

• 1 month later...

Hey, your game is really cool. Those effects that you made are very sweet on the eyes, and add a unique feel to the game. On one of my plays, two of the orbs kept hitting the walls and bouncing across the screen horizontally. This wasn't necessarily a problem (just a temporary distraction), because I was still juggling some other orbs, it's just the way you have your physics set up. I also really enjoyed how the orbs combine together to become more powerful. That's a nice touch. How was your experience using GameMaker to build the game? :)