[Particle Storm Plugin] How can I recreate a little dust trail coming out of my character when it moves?

msqar

So i bought the Particle Storm Plugin to get more Particle effects and stuff, pretty awesome... but i'm still a newbie in terms of Particle Emitters and how to produce the best result with them. So many variables and options that by slightly changing them can change the result a lot.

I'm trying to add a little smoke/dust trail behind my character when i start running. Sounds simple, huh? So i made a plain squared white 20x20 texture to use it as the particle asset.

this.manager = this.game.plugins.add(Phaser.ParticleStorm);
        let dust = {
            image: 'dust',
            blendMode: 'NORMAL',
            lifespan: { min: 100, max: 200 },
            scale: { min: 0.3, max: 2 },
            vy: { value: { min: 0, max: 0.1 } },
            vx: { value: { min: 0, max: 0.1 } },
            rotation: { value: 0, delta: { min: -2.0, max: 2.0 } }
        };

this.manager.addData('dust', dust);

this.emitter = this.manager.createEmitter();
        this.emitter.addToWorld();

Then inside the update() function, i track my character's position, is not properly done, though... since it's quite offset. But is just to try it out first.

this.emitter.emit('dust', this.x, this.y - 10, { total: 1, frequency: 600 });

The problems i'm encountering is that it feels like particles are going way too fast. I couldn't find a way to slower them down, tried using `frequency`, but emits soo many particles per second that is unrealistic for this specific scenario.

I would like to emit for instance, 3 to 5 particles at once, make them rotate a little and change their size (scale) ... with ofc short lifespan otherwise trail will be huge. Another good idea (probably) would be if they kinda fadeOut while lifespan is about to finish.

Any help is appreciated.

Also, something weird is happening... there are some parts of my map where particles stop emitting... why could that be? my map is super simple, but for some reason, there are a few zones where particles are emitting, and in some others aren't.