Procedural refraction texture?

DiV

I'm using a compressed PNG for refraction postprocess, but it's just black and white noise, so I'd like to generate the texture instead. Is it possible though? I tried procedural textures from the library, but it only resulted in default checkerboard texture appearing. What am I doing wrong? And if procedural textures can't be used this way can I use my texture as a tile, so it wouldn't stretch across the screen changing the scale of the noise?

var roadmaterialpt = new BABYLON.RoadProceduralTexture("customtext", 512, scene);
var postProcess2 = new BABYLON.RefractionPostProcess("Refraction", roadmaterialpt, new BABYLON.Color3(1.0, 1.0, 1.0), 0.3, 2.0, 1.0, camera);

I partially solved this problem by using base64-encoded fractal noise from the SVG file, it's the same dataURI now, but I don't need it exactly procedural, I just want some moving ripples, so I'll either stick to updating the depth with Math.sin(looks like the character is breathing) or try to somehow shuffle the part of the string that won't cause major glitches.

Here's the new version: https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#FBW4N#2