Path animation and mesh position

dbawel

Hello,

I have several meshes on paths, and need to begin particle animations at specific locations on the paths. However, when I use the position of an object or child on the path to start the particle animation, the condition is never met. I assume that the transforms are not updated on path animations.

If I start the particle animation, it starts. But if I place it in a condition, in the same location in my script, the particle animation will not start. I'm using it on the same path which @JohnK helped me with last night::

if (mesh.position.y > 0) {

smokeSystem.start();

}

and mesh is on the path passing above 0.0 - which I've tried every axis and the particle system will not start.

If I use collisions by placing a cube on the path which my object must pass through such as:

let abc = BABYLON.MeshBuilder.CreateBox(`abc`, { size: 5 }, scene);  
    abc.position = new BABYLON.Vector3(-50, 10, 100);

if (vehicle.intersectsMesh(abc, true)) {

smokeSystem.start();

}

The particles will not start. But if I say smokeSystem.start(); in the exact same location, the particles start. I've spent hours on this, and tried everything I know. If anyone can help, please let me know as I have to finish this tomorrow.

Thanks much,

DB

I updated the PG scene @JohnK was kind enough to build last night. If you un remark the smokeSystem.start(); you'll see it works. But I need the particles to only start near the top of the heart, and then stop before the bottom:

https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#72C7CT#2

Any thoughts would be very helpful. 

@Deltakosh - do you have time to look at this? I really need help today, as I've wasted hours on collisions, GetAbsolutePosition, and everything else I can think of.

Thanks much,

DB

@MarianG-

I tried several conditions similar to this, but didn't get it right. Thank you very much for taking the time to answer and to update the PG. Between you and @JohnK, you helped add a key component to the project which was as frustrating as I've yet encountered. I missed the logic needed to execute this, and I wish you lived closer to San Diego, as I'd definitely buy you and John a beer - or two. Thank you again for your help.

Cheers,

DB