Porting Creature 2D Animation Runtimes to Phaser 3, Mesh Indices?

kestrelm

Hello,

Really excited on the Phaser 3 release and congratulations, it must have been a lot of hard work to get there! :)

I will really like to start porting the Creature 2D Skeletal + Mesh Animation Runtimes to Phaser 3:

https://github.com/kestrelm/Creature_WebGL

Ideally, I will like to use your new fancy mesh rendering pipeline. However, I looked through the samples and did not see any parameter(s) for mesh indices. I see mesh vertices and uvs but not indices. I need mesh indices to define the triangles that need to be rendered ( or hidden ) and is used in many places of the runtime, including Skin/Item swapping.

Please let me know what I am missing here. I will very much like to get Creature up and running in Phaser 3 soon.

Cheers

Hello!

The core runtimes for the CreaturePack WebGL portion have already been updated to run the latest deform delta compression features :)

All I need now is the required info I mentioned above to port to Phaser 3. If anybody can provide me with the answers to my questions above please let me know.

Cheers

We need to focus on getting Containers finished and in 3.3.0 and then we will be looking at Spine support, so it makes sense to include Creature at the same time.

Drop me an email with an outline of what features you would need to support Creature fully (ideally with some sample pseudo code) and we can factor it into our planning in a few weeks time.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

Sounds great! I already replied to you in email with details. I plan to integrate my latest web assembly accelerated CreaturePack runtimes into Phaser 3 when you are ready. I think it will be a wonderful showcase for the power and flexibility of Phaser 3 for the most advanced 2D character animation :)

Cheers