esviji

Nicolas Hoizey

esviji is a variation around the famous Puzzle Bobble game —a.k.a. Bust-a-Move—, in which you have to destroy balls and gain points as long as you can!

post-510-0-82764700-1366143217.png

esviji is an HTML5 game built not with canvas as most other HTML5 games, but with SVG instead. The name is of course a word game on "S.V.G.". As mentioned earlier in a thread about resolution-independent games, SVG is limited by bad browsers implementations (only Firefox provides almost all of SVG standards), and of course by it's vectorial nature. But being vectorial means you'll have nothing to do for scaling your game on any device size.

It works everywhere with latest releases of Firefox (desktop, Android, Firefox OS), Safari desktop and mobile, Chrome desktop (issues with Chrome Android), etc.

You can of course play esviji online: http://play.esviji.com/

It is even in the Firefox Marketplace, so you can install it like a native app on Firefox OS, Firefox for Android and Mac OS (didn't test on Windows / Linux yet): https://marketplace....com/app/esviji/

esviji is open source, under MIT licence, feel free to fork it on Github, make pull requests and open issues for bugs and improvement ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave it a shot. It was entertaining when I finally figured what I was supposed to do. There is good strategy involved. Nice simple looks.

After finishing reading the tutorials I was presented with a black screen and had to reload the page to go back to the main menu. I found myself on this situation:

esviji.jpg

I had like 10 lives left and lost them all here because I couldn't figure a way to progress. Nothing worked. Am I missing something?

Also, what is Esviji supposed to mean?

• 1 year later...

Cool game! Smooth mechanics on my end, it felt very polished. The sound got a bit annoying after awhile, but I found the mute button that's was all good.

Nice work!

Thanks a lot!

I sometimes have issues with the sound sprite that plays entirely when I want only a fraction, and with offline on iOS, that's why I added this setting.

Of course, I would prefer everyone to like these sounds... ;-)