I got errors with babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts with 3.2.0-beta.3

BlackMojito

Hi, this is a missing typing file that needs to be imported from the already-installed package "babylonjs-gltf2interface". 

After importing the loaders module, enter the following import:

import "babylonjs-gltf2interface";

This will load the right declarations

You can also load it in the typing section in your tsconfig.

I still need to find a good way to load it automatically without you needing to manually load it.

9 hours ago, RaananW said:

Hi, this is a missing typing file that needs to be imported from the already-installed package "babylonjs-gltf2interface". 

I still need to find a good way to load it automatically without you needing to manually load it.

Adding it to the typings seems not to work either...

image.thumb.png.fe0d06fc62df8d73646f458a077b4f85.png

9 hours ago, RaananW said:

But why it worked with beta.1...

It worked due to s line I removed from the generated declaration of all modules. I'll probably reinstate this line in a different way.

I assume you use webpack and not only typescript in your project? This is probably why you still get the error. Add this line to your index, after loading the loaders package, I'll update here when it changes.

5 hours ago, RaananW said:

It worked due to s line I removed from the generated declaration of all modules. I'll probably reinstate this line in a different way.

I assume you use webpack and not only typescript in your project? This is probably why you still get the error. Add this line to your index, after loading the loaders package, I'll update here when it changes.

OK

What package were you installing that is missing this?

The gltf2 interface package is a dependency (https://github.com/BabylonJS/Babylon.js/blob/master/dist/preview release/loaders/package.json) and must be installed when you install the loaders package. If it wasn't installed it would be great to know what package manager and what version of it you are using.

Here is my settings on package.json related to bjs:

I am using npm version 5.6.0. So I made sure the gltf2interface package is actually installed.

"dependencies": {
    "babylonjs": "3.2.0-beta.3",
    "babylonjs-gui": "3.2.0-beta.3",
    "babylonjs-inspector": "3.2.0-beta.3",
    "babylonjs-loaders": "3.2.0-beta.3",
    "babylonjs-materials": "3.2.0-beta.3",
    "babylonjs-post-process": "3.2.0-beta.3",
    "babylonjs-serializers": "3.2.0-beta.3",
    "babylonjs-gltf2interface": "3.2.0-beta.3",
    "babylonjs-procedural-textures": "3.2.0-beta.3",

The top of my .ts file looks like the following:

import 'babylonjs'
import 'babylonjs-gltf2interface'
import 'babylonjs-loaders'

When compiling, I am getting the following.(The build was done via angular cli)

Note that things were building fine in beta.1.  I did not try beta.2.

Date: 2018-03-27T18:35:07.808Z
Hash: 3686eed3bb451661e5f1
Time: 4884ms
chunk {0} styles.0744b9f6769c326ccd7f.bundle.css (styles) 0 bytes [initial] [rendered]
chunk {1} polyfills.addd7ef0ff7c1f7ee875.bundle.js (polyfills) 84 bytes [initial] [rendered]
chunk {2} main.347f8286efa7b916720e.bundle.js (main) 86 bytes [initial] [rendered]
chunk {3} inline.318b50c57b4eba3d437b.bundle.js (inline) 796 bytes [entry] [rendered]

ERROR in node_modules/babylonjs-loaders/babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts(854,39): error TS2304: Cannot find name 'IAccessor'.
node_modules/babylonjs-loaders/babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts(857,47): error TS2304: Cannot find name 'IAnimationChannel'.
node_modules/babylonjs-loaders/babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts(861,24): error TS2304: Cannot find name 'AnimationSamplerInterpolation'.
node_modules/babylonjs-loaders/babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts(864,47): error TS2304: Cannot find name 'IAnimationSampler'.
node_modules/babylonjs-loaders/babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts(867,40): error TS2304: Cannot find name 'IAnimation'.
node_modules/babylonjs-loaders/babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts(872,37): error TS2304: Cannot find name 'IBuffer'.
node_modules/babylonjs-loaders/babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts(875,41): error TS2304: Cannot find name 'IBufferView'.
node_modules/babylonjs-loaders/babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts(878,37): error TS2304: Cannot find name 'ICamera'.
node_modules/babylonjs-loaders/babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts(880,36): error TS2304: Cannot find name 'IImage'.
node_modules/babylonjs-loaders/babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts(883,39): error TS2304: Cannot find name 'IMaterial'.
node_modules/babylonjs-loaders/babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts(892,35): error TS2304: Cannot find name 'IMesh'.
node_modules/babylonjs-loaders/babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts(895,44): error TS2304: Cannot find name 'IMeshPrimitive'.
node_modules/babylonjs-loaders/babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts(897,35): error TS2304: Cannot find name 'INode'.
node_modules/babylonjs-loaders/babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts(910,38): error TS2304: Cannot find name 'ISampler'.
node_modules/babylonjs-loaders/babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts(913,36): error TS2304: Cannot find name 'IScene'.
node_modules/babylonjs-loaders/babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts(915,35): error TS2304: Cannot find name 'ISkin'.
node_modules/babylonjs-loaders/babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts(919,38): error TS2304: Cannot find name 'ITexture'.
node_modules/babylonjs-loaders/babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts(921,35): error TS2304: Cannot find name 'IGLTF'.
node_modules/babylonjs-loaders/babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts(1022,57): error TS2304: Cannot find name 'ITextureInfo'.
node_modules/babylonjs-loaders/babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts(1059,93): error TS2304: Cannot find name 'IProperty'.

This seems to be an issue with the way angular loads typings from loaded packages, but this is just an uneducated guess.

I have pushed a few changes today that will reinstate the dependencies between declarations. If you want to make sure the next version will work, you can load the latest PR https://github.com/BabylonJS/Babylon.js/issues/4024 and use those declaration files and see if it compiles correctly (the simplest hack would be to change them in your node_modules).

This will be in beta.4 if all tests are successful.

@RaananW thanks for looking into this.

Angular actually uses webpack for loading modules stuff, so I am afraid this issue will appear on other webpack-based builds (?) 

I confirmed this issue started to happen since beta.2. My build worked fine on previous bjs npm packages including beta.1.

I will try the PR you mentioned above, I just simply copy over the definition files right ?

Yep, copy and keep me posted. Thanks!

Oh, and I know angular uses webpack ?

I also know I'm testing every release with webpack (and others). So, my uneducated guess is still my uneducated guess. I'll try finding out why angular doesn't like typing-only packages.

Hi @HoloLite, did you check?

I just initialized a new angular project and check old vs. new - old doesn't work, as you said, but the new one compiled correctly. I ejected webpack.config and configured the externals, but those were only warnings. Other than that I get angular compiled now. Would be great to know if you have the same experience before I push a new npm package

Sorry too much stuff to take care yesterday. Just got up this morning. Will be on my way to the office to work on this. 

If you don't mind, go ahead push the fix you made. I trust your fix is good as always in the past. It will take me about 2 or 3 hrs from now to test the changes if you have to wait. 

Ok so here is what I do:

1. npm install the beta.3
2. copied over some of the latest .d.ts files onto my local node_modules folder.

Initially I got more errors than before, then I decided to copy only the babylonjs.loaders.module.d.ts, and this builds fine with some warning though.

During runtime, I do got lots of errors. I guess this is due to my out-of-sync package state. I guess I did not copy the right set of def files ?

But as far as proving that the build break has been fixed, is this sufficient ?

I wonder what the errors were, but for the sake of this test, it seems like it went fine. If you didn't get compile errors then this was fixed.

What I did to compile angular error-free was to copy only the new declaration files of both the loaders and the gltf2interface (which now has the module defined, just to be sure). 

So I redid the steps again and apparently copying the .d.ts are not sufficient to test the runtime. I guess this is obvious.

So after copying the needed .js and .ts files for babylonjs, loader and the gltf2interface npm packages, the app runs fine, no error.

I still got the warning messages when building, I guess I can ignore this. If you are curious here are the warning:

> [email protected] build D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate
> ng build --prod --base-href "/VkTemplate/"

Date: 2018-03-29T20:55:52.738Z
Hash: 6f566eeaa016171e2154
Time: 96063ms
chunk {0} polyfills.a160e45de3d43a03f025.bundle.js (polyfills) 59.4 kB [initial] [rendered]
chunk {1} main.88dffbbcedaf9281f96c.bundle.js (main) 2.86 MB [initial] [rendered]
chunk {2} styles.9c0ad738f18adc3d19ed.bundle.css (styles) 79 bytes [initial] [rendered]
chunk {3} inline.9d99a65b48a46253e07d.bundle.js (inline) 1.45 kB [entry] [rendered]

WARNING in ./node_modules/babylonjs/babylon.js
Module not found: Error: Can't resolve 'earcut' in 'D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\node_modules\babylonjs'
resolve 'earcut' in 'D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\node_modules\babylonjs'
  Parsed request is a module
  using description file: D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\node_modules\babylonjs\package.json (relative path: .)
    Field 'browser' doesn't contain a valid alias configuration
  after using description file: D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\node_modules\babylonjs\package.json (relative path: .)
    resolve as module
      D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\node_modules\babylonjs\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
      D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\node_modules\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
      D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
      D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
      D:\dev\projects\webapps\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
      D:\dev\projects\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
      D:\dev\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
      D:\node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
      looking for modules in D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\node_modules
        using description file: D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\package.json (relative path: ./node_modules)
        after using description file: D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\package.json (relative path: ./node_modules)
          using description file: D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\package.json (relative path: ./node_modules/earcut)
            no extension
              D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\node_modules\earcut doesn't exist
            .ts
              D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\node_modules\earcut.ts doesn't exist
            .js
              D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\node_modules\earcut.js doesn't exist
            as directory
              D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\node_modules\earcut doesn't exist
      looking for modules in D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\node_modules
        using description file: D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\package.json (relative path: ./node_modules)
        after using description file: D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\package.json (relative path: ./node_modules)
          using description file: D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\package.json (relative path: ./node_modules/earcut)
            no extension
            .ts
              D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\node_modules\earcut.ts doesn't exist
            .js
              D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\node_modules\earcut.js doesn't exist
            as directory
      looking for modules in D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\ClientApp
        using description file: D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\package.json (relative path: ./ClientApp)
        after using description file: D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\package.json (relative path: ./ClientApp)
          using description file: D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\package.json (relative path: ./ClientApp/earcut)
            no extension
              D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\ClientApp\earcut doesn't exist
            .ts
              D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\ClientApp\earcut.ts doesn't exist
            .js
              D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\ClientApp\earcut.js doesn't exist
            as directory
              D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\ClientApp\earcut doesn't exist
      looking for modules in D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\ClientApp
        using description file: D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\package.json (relative path: ./ClientApp)
        after using description file: D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\package.json (relative path: ./ClientApp)
          using description file: D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\package.json (relative path: ./ClientApp/earcut)
            no extension
            .ts
              D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\ClientApp\earcut.ts doesn't exist
            .js
              D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\ClientApp\earcut.js doesn't exist
            as directory
            no extension
            .ts
            .js
            as directory
            no extension
            .ts
            .js
            as directory
[D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\node_modules\babylonjs\node_modules]
[D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\node_modules\node_modules]
[D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\node_modules]
[D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\node_modules]
[D:\dev\projects\webapps\node_modules]
[D:\dev\projects\node_modules]
[D:\dev\node_modules]
[D:\node_modules]
[D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\node_modules\earcut]
[D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\node_modules\earcut.ts]
[D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\node_modules\earcut.js]
[D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\node_modules\earcut.ts]
[D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\node_modules\earcut.js]
[D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\ClientApp\earcut]
[D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\ClientApp\earcut.ts]
[D:\dev\projects\webapps\hololite.github.io\src\VkTemplate\ClientApp\earcut.js]