Jump to content

Babylon not loading properly on Chrome - Ubuntu


Recommended Posts

Hey peeps,

Was wondering if anyone else has this bug or if it's just my machine.
On Ubuntu 16.04 - Chrome (updated to 65.0.3325.181 (64-bit)) most babylon scenes don't load properly, for example, from homepage https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/frame.html#PSR2ZX#10 

At first, I thought because it mentioned materials/shader in the console error, maybe it was to do with my mesh or pbr materials and too many uniforms but when I changed that stuff to the minimum, it still errors. This is shown if you load the "Basic scene" on playground http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#BHNVUE it still has that long list of console errors.

Note that in Ubuntu firefox our scene works fine, have also tested on Windows - edge, chrome, firefox and Mac - safari, chrome, firefox, babylon seems to load everything okay without error.

I noticed this last year but just used firefox for dev in time being as kind of assumed it would be fixed in 3.2 but we just updated to 3.2 today and see it's still an issue, please let me know if it is known issue, as business wise it doesn't affect too much for us, just my own personal workflow, would like to be able to use chrome lol.

Thanks in advance!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn  :( Thanks for checking it out though.

Not sure if this can help to debug, but yesterday when flicking through the playground scenes, I found that it only happens with scenes that have meshes. All the other ones seem work fine.

For instance, this sprite one works completely fine https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/?8 with 0 console errors.

But as soon as there is a mesh of any kind, the mesh will just not appear and console will have that huge list of errors :S

As shown in this particle demo which works fine apart from the cube and plane not being there and the console error https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/?12

Sorry, I wish I could give more info / debug myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Omg even though I updated many times before, it turns out it was still using the legacy binary driver inside additional Ubuntu driver settings, then I couldn't change it, quick google and found out had to change it to "Download from main server" to be able to change it from legacy to the normal one. Doh. Sorry about that. I'm still a linux nub.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...