Typescript Definition Queries.

clark

I am finding that the TypeScript definition file is somewhat outdated and/or methods do not exist any more.  I am adhering to the docs.  These questions are just general not bugs but how I can fix them when I find them.

Question 1!

Does Phaser.Sprite extend anything? 

http://docs.phaser.io/Sprite.js.html  search for "alpha". How come that property does not exist? 

Question 2!

Internal functions.  Should these be hidden from the TypeScript Definition File?

Example:
preUpdate(): void;

Question 3!

Should Key be * ?

Example:

constructor(game: Phaser.Game, x?: number, y?: number, key?: string, frame?: number);

should be

constructor(game: Phaser.Game, x?: number, y?: number, key?: any, frame?: any);

EDITED:

Should I Overload instead? For example, In the Phaser.Game the constructor uses a either a string or a HTMLElement object according to the docs. 

Therefore is it OK to overload in the definition. Instead of Any: Note that this works, when I mouse over the super() of my Game extends Phaser.Game, I see the first contructor followed by (+1 overload) in intellisense. But I do not know if its best practice?

constructor(width?: number, height?: number, renderer?: number, parent?: string, state?: Object, transparent?: boolean, antialias?: boolean);constructor(width?: number, height?: number, renderer?: number, parent?: HTMLElement, state?: Object, transparent?: boolean, antialias?: boolean);

Question 4!

Is there a way to set read only methods? I tried get blah() but the definition hated it. So stuck with public properties?

Question 5!

I just wondered, is there any way in TypeScript to link code comments to Intellisense in Visual Studio? Like, I see AutoComplete, but it would be cool to see the API comments, Like Flash Builder. Really great work on the documentation.

Feel free to correct me. Looking through the source and docs is really helping me understand things. Any tips I can get on TypeScript are welcome.

I have been trawling through it for a few nights cleaning it up. I miss interpreted the staggering size of the library lol... Everything down to Physics is alphabtical order and Api reviewed. I will submit it in a few days when complete