Dynamic Texture on every side of skybox?

Cytexx

Heya everyone,

it seems like a simple problem, but I can't get it working for me. 

I have a dynamic texture and i would like to apply that on each side of my skybox. 

var dyntexture = new BABYLON.DynamicTexture("dynamic texture", 512, scene, true);

When I simply try to put it as:

new BABYLON.CubeTexture(dyntexture , scene); 

It doesn't work. 

Is there a way to "split" the CubeTexture and set everyside of it on my own when i only have my dyntexture as source? 

Or any other preferable approach?

Greetings,

Cytexx 

You could manually define 6 planes or change the uv of the skybox to achieve this.

There is no easy and performant way to achieve this currently.

Adding a playground would help us understand your use case better and chose the best solution.

@Cytexx

If you need to capture a webcam from IOS in real-time, then there's a few lines of code I can provide to make this work. I didn't crack the problem, but I do post the code, I'll give full credit to who did. I just can't remember right now.

DB

The whole capturing process is already done by me, as a shot explanation what I am planning to do: Im doing an AR-Application and I am trying to accomplish a more realistic look. For that I take a picture with the front-camera of the device on load and after that i will compute the image onto a invisible skybox to have more "realistic" lighting, ambient color and reflections. 
If you are interested i can share my results at the end @dbawel

Greets, 
Cytexx

@Pryme8

Because, a web image wrapped around a shpere kinda sucks cubes are much more fun... - unless it's just for testing. I added this to an app, and no one got it. You decide for yourself... by the way, I didn't write this PG scene, just modified it a bit. 

I'm stepping up, my friend. and again, charge your cellphone. We should talk.

https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/debug.html#CHQ4T#116

DB