Combine Fuse mesh with Mixamo animation

Mekaboo

Hello! In order for me to create a .babylon file I converted my Fuse mesh (obj) and Mixamo animation(fbx) separately in Blender..how do I combine them both in a scene loader  or import mesh to work in BJS?

Thank you,

Mekaboo

Hiya Mekaboo.   Adobe Fuse?   And Adobe Mixamo?  *nod* 

I THINK... you will need to make a good .blend file/scene, first.  Get the animation/model working good in Blender, first, and THEN export to .babylon.

Web searches such as this:  https://tinyurl.com/ycsyhbxe  ... seems to return lots of info about it. 

This is MOSTLY a modeling issue, and not really a BabylonJS issue.  BJS has no inherent model-rigging features or editors, as far as I know. 

My opinion... get things working perfectly in Blender, and then we try the export to .babylon or other formats. 

Sorry that I couldn't be more helpful.  Stay tuned... others might have more/better comments/knowledge.  Forum will be more active after the weekend finishes.

Howdy doo @Wingnut

Im still getting to know Blender so it can be very daunting so I looked at a few PGs and figured it out! I jumped back to someone telling me that mesh need bones so I add a skeleton and got my model to appear with meshes(however my model's tshirt didnt form all the way so I need to figure that out) Since it was easy to add bone structure to mesh in BJS I think Im going to create animation through BJS as well. I have 2 animations that I want to use, simple wave greeting with a smile and talking. Also I think I need to adjust my camera/light because my model is high up in the air instead of down on ground level. Question how do you align a model for example have the model stand to the left or right? Thank you for your insight, it helps alot!

??,

Mekaboo

Hey, it sounds like you are getting a good "handle" on armatures.  I never know how noob a user is, so, the Blender-first thing is wise for those who are not familiar with bone transforms.

But yeah, JS can do anything, so, you should have full power from within JS.  It takes a little bravery, but it sounds like you have it.  :)  Be sure to search/read the forum posts... there's been lots of talks about skeletons, bones, etc.  Also a playground in-code search for dude and rabbit... both are fairly-basic skeleton animations and handy nearby for learning/testing.

Does your model have a "root"... the most top-level bone/invisible-mesh?  Position/rotate/scale THAT, and the entire model should do the same (in theory)  :)

Awesome sauce Sir! I have checked the dude and rabbit as well as looking at animation weights in the "Examples" section and will be studying those even further! As far as root what is that..does this help with correcting mesh as well as alignment? For the record I just began 3D design last month..been living in a 2d world and web desing before then?

My pleasure.  :) The root is often the "master parent" of the entire mesh.  That's why it is good for placing a model in a scene.  Some call it a "handle" and sometimes a "gizmo".  The top-most parent.  It's only for positioning, rotating, and scaling the entire model... getting it at screen-center, etc.  It will not "fix" anything other than that. 

You can read about those on the web.  Learn the terminology... skeleton, bone, armature, etc... search and read... play, be patient with yourself.

Even lots can be learned with a BJS source code search for 'skeleton'.  https://github.com/BabylonJS/Babylon.js/search?q=skeleton&unscoped_q=skeleton

Quite a pile of source code to tour... but... just roll along... try to gather some other terms... search playgrounds with those terms.   Slow learning, but good learning.