Jump to content

Some Chrome browsers refusing to load updated .babylon files


Recommended Posts

I just updated my app the other day, and started getting reports of some users' Chrome browsers refusing to download and update .babylon files in their IndexedDB. Other browsers seem to have no problem at all, but Chrome, as I've learned, can be especially stubborn when it comes to caching.

Before you ask, yes, I updated the version number in the associated .manifest files to no avail. After investigating the XHR requests in Chrome, I noticed that the .manifest file checks use a date-based query string for cache-busting, which works great. However, the .babylon file requests themselves were not. I changed the following...

Database.prototype._saveFileIntoDBAsync = function (url, callback, progressCallback, useArrayBuffer) {
    xhr.open("GET", url + '?' + Date.now(), true);

... and now all is well. Apparently, Chrome (and only Chrome) was loading a cached file to put in the IndexedDB; putting a cached file into another cache, essentially. Nuts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...