FBInstant game cycling lag spikes using Messenger App

Sebell

Hi,

I wanted to know if someone ever faced difficulties using Babylon.js to make Facebook Instant Games. 

When I boot my game using a custom python server, the games run well and is very fluid. However, when I start my game on Messenger App using the same build (uploaded to the Facebook Developer Platform), the game starts to lag, and has continuous lag spikes.

My issue only happens with Messenger App, does not happen with Messenger in Chrome or Facebook. Anyone has an idea? 

Best regards!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2018 at 10:41 AM, Sebell said:

Hi,

I wanted to know if someone ever faced difficulties using Babylon.js to make Facebook Instant Games. 

When I boot my game using a custom python server, the games run well and is very fluid. However, when I start my game on Messenger App using the same build (uploaded to the Facebook Developer Platform), the game starts to lag, and has continuous lag spikes.

My issue only happens with Messenger App, does not happen with Messenger in Chrome or Facebook. Anyone has an idea? 

Best regards!

When you open it in chrome Facebook you have it running off of your computer.  When you open it on the messenger app it runs off of your phone.  Most phones have worse specs than computers(by a lot).  You most likely need to clean up your code and make it very optimized or it will not run well on phones.

I suggest:

-using clones or instances if you can, for meshes, textures, materials, and pretty much anything that might need to be duplicated.  Or just try and re-use the same on from the start.

-if you can dont use particle systems, if you must use them use as few as possible they really slow the game down

- read through these and try some of them: