Button on point up observable on mobile

DylanD

Hey everyone, I have a strange problem, when I am playing my game on mobile and I hit and hold a Gui button then slide my finger off of it, the moment I start to slide my finger it seems to call the onPointerUpObservable.  This doesn't happen on my computer, and I can't even recreate it in playground for some reason.  Im stumped at what could be causing this.

Here is a playground to illustrate what I have, but not the exact problem as even in the playground on my phone it would not call onPointerUpObservable:

https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#WYNFSG#2

Any ideas what could be going wrong?

im not using hammerjs or any touch plugin since they're only Gui buttons and nothing else.  Which seems to work fine on playground.

Im not even sure how to label this problem properly.

Oh damn, ok just read that the problem is not being simulated in the PG.  My bad, well it works on a pixel 2 as well (which I guess is irrelevant now, lol)

Let me know when its recreated.

Also check which versions of the libs you are using on your game version.

Just now, Pryme8 said:

Oh damn, ok just read that the problem is not being simulated in the PG.  My bad, well it works on a pixel 2 as well (which I guess is irrelevant now, lol)

Lol.  Thanks though, hopefully I can get the problem recreated XD

Some more info:

I'm using this in my html:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no" />
<script>document.addEventListener('contextmenu', event => event.preventDefault());</script>

Bad news, I built it and tried it through messenger and the fix doesn't work.  Now I bet it is because Facebook is trying to move, or something, idk.

Maybe I should install a packaged version of pep instead of calling the link from the html....

Maybe pep is not compatible with whatever Facebook uses as a browser?

PEP is all client-side, only the file is downloaded from a server.  I haven't looked at all into FB games - there is a forum on this website specific for FB games, though.  This problem does not appear to be babylonjs specific, so you probably need some FB expertise.  I have never installed any facebook App, but I have used their Karmel browser in GearVR and it was not the best experience.  Good luck!

22 minutes ago, brianzinn said:

PEP is all client-side, only the file is downloaded from a server.  I haven't looked at all into FB games - there is a forum on this website specific for FB games, though.  This problem does not appear to be babylonjs specific, so you probably need some FB expertise.  I have never installed any facebook App, but I have used their Karmel browser in GearVR and it was not the best experience.  Good luck!

Thanks I will check there!